Security Installer Community

Texecom Help!

Keilo

Hello,

I am currently setting up a texecom Premier 24, with 2 of these

269Thumb.jpg

I have never fitted an alarm before, but thought I'd give it a go. I think ive not done too bad, just have a few small issues

1. The Indictor/Power light keeps flashing green, which should indicate that there is an AC mains failure, but I dont understand how I can have a failure, when I am getting power through the main AC. Both the fuses in the spur and inside the panel are both fine, and when I remove the fuse from the spur I then get an error message on the keypad as expected, so why is it still flashing?

2. After triggering the alarm, and putting my user code in the disarm, I am unable to reset the alarm without entering the engineer code, how do I set up reseting by using my user code?

3. I have 2 magnetic door sensors on my front and rear doors, and although i have set these up on the keypad, and when i do a zone test it says my zones are secure, they both dont work, i can arm the alarm and open both doors and it doesnt trigger the alarm. I also do not get any errors messages from these zones. ?

4. When arming the alarm, i get two areas, Area A and Area B, why do i have these areas? do i need areas if i have zones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

In day mode Press Menu and 4 together and post your version number.

It sounds like an Elite 24 if you have two areas.

Areas and zones are seperate things, You should only require Area A.

Program your zones to Area A in Zone Setup.

In Area Option switch off option 12 to remove Engineer Reset.

Have a good read through the manual.

3. I have 2 magnetic door sensors on my front and rear doors, and although i have set these up on the keypad,

Sorry, I think I gave you the wrong end of the stick, the 2 magnetic sensors arent zones off the keypad, they are zoned off the panel. I dont have anything zoned off the keypads.

Any idea about the flashing control light? and the magnetic sensors?

How longs a piece of string?

More information required to work out the "light" issue.

As for contacts, depends how there wired and what to etc etc.

First check them in View Zone Status, also as mentioned above if wired from keypad they need mapping.

Archived