Security Installer Community

Transfering Bt Numbers

jb-eye

Videx in Newcastle as far as i know.

I think some of the kits come from ADI for convenience. we have about 4-5 on the shelf which will last a month.

I have been looking at using them, need a couple of GSM units for an industrial estate.

I SAID.

Intrested to know did you use IP intercoms? We are videx everywhere and our IP conection is via an ART 380 and then Linksys unit. Videx are still in manufacture of their IP and im guessing it will be lots of £.

Our solution works fine but it could be perfected

YOU REPLIED

I have been looking at using them, need a couple of GSM units for an industrial estate.

Their has to be a clue somewhere??

Customers!

I SAID.

YOU REPLIED

Their has to be a clue somewhere??

I didn't reply to that post specificalIy, I just wondered what videx are like etc as I have not used it for years. Are you getting touchy because a pointed out you can't support a prem? ( ;) )

Intrested to know did you use IP intercoms? We are videx everywhere and our IP conection is via an ART 380 and then Linksys unit. Videx are still in manufacture of their IP and im guessing it will be lots of £.

Our solution works fine but it could be perfected

Yes, eye wateringly expensive.

I didn't reply to that post specificalIy, I just wondered what videx are like etc as I have not used it for years. Are you getting touchy because a pointed out you can't support a prem? ( ;) )

Everyone! I don't do touchy.

I actually replied but obviously I didn't send. Can't remember the whole reply but it was something to do with GB installing for a contractor when we were specified And we thought it would be a good idea to let them then take the system blabla bla. Then went on to say a local collects all our galaxys for refurb but still have about 20 in service and half that amount of premiers. All awaiting rip out. premier comming out of job in Normanton Wakfield next month.

SO ONE MORE TIME I DON'T DO TOUCHY OK!!

Yes, eye wateringly expensive.

I'll stay with my cheap fix then. It works and I carry the bits.

Just a bit surprised I've not heard someone shout "comeshit"

Customers!

Just a bit surprised I've not heard someone shout "comeshit"

Why would that be?

Goading?

It is good kit, saves a lot of time on a T/O and is good to look at.

Otherwise go BPT.

You, yourself have slaughtered Videx VX series. And rightly so.

I still have the first diagrams from Videx for a multiple entrance , multiple occupancy system (Video/Audio) circa 1992. They were not even sure it would work. I was called in to get it up and running, I had to chat with the designer, not Tech as they could not and did not know or understand it. We (me and the designer) got it up and running, still there to this day ( 60 million worth of houses and appartments). Comlit would have done it without any bother but the arichitects insisted on Videx. A similar job albeit smaller around the corner, wired badly, Comlit sorted the place out and I was just there first to do the Alarms and auto gate system, linked to some really dire Italian stuff.

Looks like you have had your fingers burnt using something you dont understand from the tone used. And, NO, I am not going to say "Touchy".

You use what is suitable for the job and cost constraints, why Comelit comes in on the high end and cost effective replacment. Entryphone for genral and Bell Systems for really cost effective, Although the new Bell systems is good kit.

Videx is cheapo IMO and is always the system that goes down. Lost count of the days condemming Videx stuff. And try getting a part if its a so called special. Another reason I made up my conversion charts,

Anyway, as said. Sounds like you have had your fingers burnt, on something not even polarity concious.

We fitted some comelit on job recently. Without trawling t'interweb for hours looking for product suitable for the job comelit ticked every box. This a job we just had to get right. Excellent bit of kit and customer well happy. Yes Paul. That job.

Why would that be?

Goading?

Not Goading just my way of thinking, "at this point Ox jumps in with Comlit!"

Ive used the kit and dont have an issue. Were a simple company with simple systems and one of those systems is to support as few a products as possible that can satisfy as much of our contractual requirements. For door entry we use videx. We carry spare push buttons because we know they are prone to fail. LOL.

Some of the companies on here do different kit every day for diffrent customers. Most of ours are repetative portfolio with the same kit. Im not knocking anyone else im just saying were better in our comfort zone.

Customers!

Thanks "Cubit" I told you that kit would do the job. Especially as it was a high end client. ( I should become a rep for them).

It did more than even the spec shows, as you have confirmed.

Otherwise I would not recconmend it,

Jeff, keep a stock of different push buttons. The most common fault on any door entry/access control. Especially Videx for some reason. No wonder you keep with them, for the return business :P Also got a few handsets, but as I can fit almost anything to anything else a waste. Want to buy my few last handsets?

Actually the failure rate is about the same for most. The worst being high end entrance panels constantly "buffed up with duraglit" by the caretakers. It jams the buttons and clogs the microphone grille giving that feedback we all love!

BPT suffers more with constant polishing , the 20mm vandal proof ones. Hillarious, vandal proof, and polish does them in..

The Videx tend to break as they are cheap plaggy.

On your support, Comelit has a panel a PSU and a distributer. Not much to hold. As said before it is not even polarity concious. Can replace a 5 wire with ease and even with rotten existing wiring, although you do say a rewire is needed, But it works, even when split more ways than they say.

Still love BPT but all that cable!!!!

Anyway they have 2 wire now as well..

But Comelit were pioneers and although the early stuff was a bit bulky and fugly, the new kit is well decent. And makes as I have said a T/O a piece of piss.

You could do no better than use the kit.

Archived