Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Wont Set Any Longer, Please Help

JamesD

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that after reprogramming the door censors the A setting on the alarm now works :) thanks very much for your help!

One of the door sensors is duff (the garage one) so I'll have to buy another one. Is it easy to register a new door sensor, replacing the old one? I guess a command to give it a zone number or something. Thanks.

If you know the circuit number, delete the unit if you think its faulty, then reprog the new device to the existing circuit no at the RFX

That way you dont need to touch the panel programming side of things.

As james says.you program it into the rfx, via the button inside and offering the contact up to it. You will need the rfx manual for this. Once the detector is added to the system, if on same zone, check settings, or if diff then prog old zone as NU and transfer settings to new zone

Thanks guys. I'm not sure what the RFX is, I guess one of the units alongside the alarm box. I'll download the manual for it. I was hoping it would be programmable via the panel as I have some basic knowledge of that :). I'll go and buy the new contact sensor online. Ta!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I wondered if i could ask your help again with our 9751 alarm system please. We've had two wired PIR sensors added in two newly-built bedrooms (the 2 PIRS are joined into one cable i believe, so to use one zone).

The electrician i believe has wired them into the alarm system, because they light up on movement. But they dont get detected in a walk test, so i guess somehow they are not registered correctly with the system.

We have two free zones (#23 and #24) which I tried assigning to "A" setting in case the PIRs were attached to one of these zones, but niether PIR is detected in the walk test still.

Is there some other step needing to be done after the PIRs are wired up? And, can i assume that they must be wired into the expander box since only zones #23 and #24 are available?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks James, it does seem strange. The builder got another guy to look at it today (apparently an alarm guy, but he said he wasnt familiar with our 9751 system and gave up). The builder is trying to find someone else to look at it :(

I was hoping if its straight forward so that i might be able to take a look myself. I guess its not so simple for a DIYer? Out of curiosity, would the PIR be wired into the expander unit if zone #23 or #24 was to be used?

Archived