Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Wont Set Any Longer, Please Help

JamesD

Hi,

Please can i have some advice on the Scantronic 9751 as the alarm wont set any longer. We have a scantronic 9751 with PIRS and wireless sensors on the windows and two door contacts (front and back door).

Recently the alarm wont set. Usually when entering the code and pressing "A" it makes an alternating tone, and shutting the front door will set the alarm.

However now it makes a continuous tone instead, and the alarm wont set. (if we shut the front door, we can hear the continous tone still going indefinately). The panel shows no open zones, just says "Setting A ----".

I tried a walk-test and engineer walk, but the two door contacts dont seem to show up. Only other sensor types like shocks and PIRs show up on these. Im guessing these are not testable in this way?

I changed the batteries in the door contact but it didnt help. I noticed a difference between the two door contacts; the front door one doesnt seem to blink the LED at any time, not even when removing the magent next to it, except occasionally when re-inserting a battery. The other door contact (back door) usually blinks the LED when moving the magnet away from it.

But surely if the door contact is broken, the alarm panel would indicate this or show a fault when trying to set the alarm?

As a side note, the other settings such as B, C and D seem fine. (we use these at night, setting only some PIRs and window sensors for night time).

May i also ask how to list the zones for a particluar setting (A, B, C..) so that i can check if the front door sensor is still registered?

Thanks very much for any help!

James

It sounds like a damaged/Faulty contact. Swap the front door with the back door and make sure it is set up for Entry/Exit this will prove it.

Or set it for B ( A night setting I assume and open the front door the timer should start ) and see what happens.

Well if you come in via the back door usually do nothing.

Just swap the bodies about and then set the system.

Open the back door and if nothing happens its the contact.

Open the front door , bet it goes off.

Saves changing the programing.

Just reporting back.If i set the night-time setting and open any of the door contacts (or open them to trigger tampers) nothing happens. Bizarre!Triggering the shocks and PIRs set the alarm going, but none of the doors contacts (sorry we have 3 of these, not 2!) set the alarm off at all. When opening the 3 door contacts, only 1 of the 3 will flash its LED, no LED from the other 2.Its very strange, almost like the 3 door contacts have vanished from the system. As i mentioned im unable to set the "A setting" successfully to try things, only the B (nght time) setting.Any more suggestions i can try would be appreciated.Thanks.

Thanks for your help Alarm Protection.

Sorry im not so alarm-savvy on the programming side, but i do have the 9751 manuals.

Its unlikely im knowlegable enough to reprogramme the whole system, but i can give the door contacts a go for reprogramming.

Can i please ask some questions:

1) Which to command to list the zones present in each partition (A-D), to see if they exist. I cant find it.

2) Which command to remove a zone from a partition (A-D)

3) How to re-register / add the contact back into each partition.

Any steps/commands would be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience.

Archived