Security Installer Community

Magnetic/reed Switch Removal Da Abacus

Hi all, am doing a garage coversion & have removed & rolled up a switch from the original doors which are now bricked up. The system is a fully monitored & maintained DA Abacus & the company quoted £250 to remove the zone which consists of the 1 cable & mentioned switch with a 2nd switch spurred from it.

The customer now just wants to move the switch to the new door, makes sense but need to take switch off & add cable etc. Obviously do not have the engineers code so a. is it easily done or b. does anybody fancy quoting to remove the switches & wiring in a new bit of cable & switch. The room is currently a shell with a free run in the roof space so no fiddley routing? Location Tunbridge Wells Kent. Many thanks Matt.

If its under contract 3rd party interference with the installation often ends in tears, DIY run an alarm cable & ask if the co. would do the change over during a service visit to minimize the cost

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I agree with the above, but would add that by touching the system you have breached the contract the customer has with his security company. If the customer were to have a burglary and the system fails to work the installer can quite rightly wash his hands of the system

Its a good idea Mr Happy but the cable to the 2nd switch is going through a wall & I need it all rolled up & thrown into the roof space before putting up a ceiling and plastering the walls which I want to do at the weekend. Shouldn't think its under contract, it's an oldish alarm serviced by a different company to the original installer but I will ask tomorrow. Thanks

Hi all, am doing a garage coversion & have removed & rolled up a switch from the original doors which are now bricked up. The system is a fully monitored & maintained DA Abacus & the company quoted £250 to remove the zone which consists of the 1 cable & mentioned switch with a 2nd switch spurred from it.

The customer now just wants to move the switch to the new door, makes sense but need to take switch off & add cable etc. Obviously do not have the engineers code so a. is it easily done or b. does anybody fancy quoting to remove the switches & wiring in a new bit of cable & switch. The room is currently a shell with a free run in the roof space so no fiddley routing? Location Tunbridge Wells Kent. Many thanks Matt.

Its a good idea Mr Happy but the cable to the 2nd switch is going through a wall & I need it all rolled up & thrown into the roof space before putting up a ceiling and plastering the walls which I want to do at the weekend. Shouldn't think its under contract, it's an oldish alarm serviced by a different company to the original installer but I will ask tomorrow. Thanks

So it is and it isnt?

Hmmmm :)

Archived