Security Installer Community

Extended Formats On Info4

http://www.info4security.com/story.asp?sectioncode=52&storycode=4129406&c=1

and

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/blog/10/entry-10-extended-format-alarms-and-their-benefits/

Mainly looking at the comments on info4, i wouldnt say that extended formats are a bad thing. Id say quite to opposite. 16 channels in time will not be enough and the extra infomation that extended gives I find useful. I now only use pins on the panels that are not capable of extended. Most old stuff will do SIA 1 or contact ID anyway.

All of our systems that are new are on extended format, and we are upgrading the old stuff that can do it also.

Or is it just me?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I have been flirting with the idea for a while and have been waiting for the new dualcom. I know the secure and others do it but I also want GPRS UDL without having to call the ARC first as well.

We have a digi back-up at the office and that is EF but we don't have enough digis out there to make it worth reprogramming them.

The problem with the secure way imo is dial capture. Causes issue on udl as you note but you cant easily monitor the path between the digi and the secure unit. It has to IMO be a data connection between the 2.

Customers love the fact the arc tells them which device / devices have activated rather than just intruder etc. Plus the arc can give them logs without udl on arming disarming etc by who.

I have been flirting with the idea for a while and have been waiting for the new dualcom. I know the secure and others do it but I also want GPRS UDL without having to call the ARC first as well.

We have a digi back-up at the office and that is EF but we don't have enough digis out there to make it worth reprogramming them.

A

Caution' your heading for a fall with the office receiver IME. Why would you callARC first?

Customers!

A

Caution' your heading for a fall with the office receiver IME. Why would you callARC first?

No I meant we back up the main monitoring with a digi, we only did it to test SIA. Why the feck would I use a receiver at the office lol.

We have been informed that we would need to call the ARC when we want to use GPRS UDL with the secure. I didn't ask too many questions as it was enough to put me off, but I think it had some issue signalling over GPRS if dialling in at the same time.

The secure needs the relay to bypassed due to dial capture if using dial back or auto answer. Not an issue if using panel dials. What panels does the dualcom support in 485 mode ie not using dial capture

Archived