Security Installer Community

Dome, Flood, Detector Config

Driller

Having decided on cameras for a new install for work, I was thinking about the install configuration.

On the house I installed several groups of a halogen, D-Tect2 and AV dome which so troubled our very own Mr Happy, (although apparently not as much as the period galvanised zinc down pipes which he wanted me to paint (the philistine)), thus:

Cluster.jpg

Anyway, at risk of triggering a further torrent of derision (I love it really Mr H ;)), I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for another, more professional configuration using maybe LED floods and a detector with a dome which I don't believe was discussed at the time.

Cameras are Samsung true day night jobbies (no IR) and, on Alpats advice, Texecom TD detectors which would seem to be at home at 1.0m hight, firing over the top of all the neighbourhood moggies.

Wobbly halogens anyone? :whistle:

ETA Sorry about photo size, trying to reduce it.

Anyway, at risk of triggering a further torrent of derision (I love it really Mr H ;)),.

wow I'm getting a fan club....

Lighting wise I'd smash the walls to bits in almost every room to provide aesthetically pleasing exterior wall lights which could be a shinny metal finish to complement your fall pipes, flood lights would either in the garden pointing up at the house or on the house at the eve's

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Lighting wise I'd smash the walls to bits in almost every room to provide aesthetically pleasing exterior wall lights which could be a shinny metal finish to complement your fall pipes,

Oh come on, I've already tried that, what do you take me for, an amateur? :D

flood lights would either in the garden pointing up at the house or on the house at the eve's

Mmmm, wouldn't pointing up at the house just blind the cams? Under the eves it is then!

ETA BTW FWIW this is for work, I won't be touching the house stuff for a while except maybe to paint those bloody brackets white.

you can use any decent IR emitters as long as the cams have moveable IR cut filters

Yep, the cams have mechanical IR cut not software. Interesting you have a preference for IR over white James, would love to get some Raytecs but pricey...

My fault, I said the cameras "had no IR" but meant that they were true DN.

In that case things won't be too different except the detectors will be at 1m hight. Might put some non-wonky LED floods up though.

Thanks chaps.

Archived