Security Installer Community

Pc5010 Engineer In Yorkshire, Help Required

mberg

Id agree with the other comments you will most likely have to change the EOL resistors I cant remember what DSC are of the top of my head but I am pretty sure that they are not your average

nothing personal...

an old & odd alarm with lapsed maintenance/ monitoring & an owner talking of diy extending is very unattractive proposition to get involved in

I was thinking something along those lines LOL

its the only alarm ive come across so i dont know it was old or odd! Just an alarm installed in the house which id like to be able to use. If this is not the case then it means getting a new system. Reckon thats what £450 to £1000 installed? I dont have that type of money at the moment. Just looking for some help or advise.

its the only alarm ive come across so i dont know it was old or odd! Just an alarm installed in the house which id like to be able to use. If this is not the case then it means getting a new system. Reckon thats what £450 to £1000 installed? I dont have that type of money at the moment. Just looking for some help or advise.

I dont think anyone objects to you diying its just the combination of the situation is a bit dodgy. My company has a very large DSC Maxsys panel that because of the amount of detection attached along with a annunciator we cannot easily replace it. We can only send our top engineers because it is so complicated, this in itself is a nuisance because when it goes wrong we have to pull an engineer off a job to deal with it rather than send the nearest. These panels are not particularly hard but they are very different from most other panels, they use different protocols which confuses engineers that are not familiar with them. If you had started a topic about a Galaxy 500 or a Premier you would of got a better response.

Thanks Peter, yep from a bit of research does look a tricky alarm. It just seems a shame to rip it all out when it has everything there. Going to try and research if the texecom 48 panel could be used instead of the dsc panel, am in the right ball park for the cost of installation? £400-£1000? Thanks for your time

Agreed galaxy I can help, premier I can not.

But I know even less about DSC. We only support the equipment we use, ie a ford expect will know a lot about fords. Those that work on everything know a little bit about them but are not experts. I wouldn't work on a panel we couldn't support. That's all

Depending on the size a galaxy would be a couple of hundred quid. But like I say you may be better to get a DSC trained installer to look after it for you

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks James I have looked at the galaxy panel and looks like it ticks all the boxes i e : covering the outbuildings do you think the hardware I have would be compatable with the galaxy panel? Not sure where I find a dsc trained engineer. I've called local companies but I've only had one person say they know the dsc at all? Just seems a waste to rip it all out and start again.

It is a waste some DSC stuff is ok. But none of it IMO is as good as a galaxy. You can do anything with a gal. If you don't think its possible with a gal then your the problem re programming. I don't know of a panel that is more flexible. The premier IMO is the closest to the gal

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Not sure where I find a dsc trained engineer.

Canada.....

am in the right ball park for the cost of installation? £400-£1000?

you said outbuildings, systems with expanders, power supplies & mutlipal keypads which some eat your budget

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived