Security Installer Community

Gardtec 350 Door Contact Wiring

rascal3103

Hi

We have a Gardtec 350, when we had a new door fitted a few years back the contact got broke and i never got round to getting the alarm guys out to fit a new one.

I called for a quote the other day and they gave me an astronomical price.

I bought a contact off ebay, exactly the same as my old one, thinking i could just open up another one in the house and copy the wiring.

i thought wrong. The wiring to this one has more wires, plus the ones that are the same colour go to different points. The old contact was there and some wires in it but 3 had come out.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

all i have is wire colours, can anybody work with that?

I would check the wiring in the panel for the right colours (as long as the engineer code is not locked)

Your 2 silver terminals are the alarm pair and you will have a tamper pair normally twisted together in one of the bronze terminals.

Black and green look like they are spare pairs. Is tamper showing on the keypad/panel?

!

I'm guessing ~£65.00

but surely that goes in the engineers pocket?? there is no way it could possibly go towards, fuel, salary, tax, insurance, training, tools, upgrades to office equipment, vans, subscrptions... all those things are free right??

Archived