Security Installer Community

Which Wireless Would Be Best For Me Of These?

RC944

so after some research i have come up with some options based on the following requirements

- wireless kit but not averse to minimal wiring

- 2 way signalling / polling

- 1 panel

- 1 keypad

- 5 quad pirs and 1 dual tech

- 3 door contacts

- 1 sounder with piezos and backlight and 1 decoy

- 2 fobs

- sms messaging (not critical)

- monitoring

i dont need for the system to be linked to the internet for remote diagnostics or the suchlike. i realise ill need to maintain batteries and am prepared to invest time and money to keep the system in fine fettle

the short list so far includes

- pyronix enforcer

- texecom premier 48 wireless

- scantronic i on

I dont like the look of the castle panel but from the feedback here it seems proven. i like the look of the premier panel but am not keen on having a wired sounder. i like the appearance of the scantronic panel but have the impression that it may not be as robust or reliable say as the castle.

once ive totted the above up the materials alone for the texecom for instance would be around 800 and perhaps a little less for the pyronix. not sure about the scantronic. i have a budget of about 750.

so question is what would you go for and why?

You can hard wire a remote keypad to the enforcer if you dont like the look of the panel (EUR 064 keypad has prox reader and speaker output if you need it)

You wont get a wirefree dualtech on any of the above (iirc), pyronix will have a wireless version for the enforcer available in the near future

If you want a backlit sounder it will have to be wired and will have to be pyronix, no-one else does them, if it's the flashing strobe you are talking about then you will be ok with any kit you listed, I think texecom will have a wireless bell available soon

Are you going DIY? If so forget about monitoring, it will have to be professionally installed and maintained

Oh, and dont rely on sms

ok thats basically killed some of my must haves then thanks!

indeed self install by moderately capabl DIYer but never installed security

should i go either the castle or texe route it sounds like i will be able to retrofit a pyronix dualtech once released but use a normal wireless pir in the garage in the meantime?

on the deltabell i guess i need to stick with the strobe if i want the box to be wireless

is it the case with all the kits i mentioned above that any keypads need to be hardwired to the panel? im looking to avoid any wires at all so with that in mind which is the most wirefree kit that gets me closest to my wishlist configuration except for the caveat re monitoring

Looks like the Enforcer is the one then, and no you don't need another keypad just mains and telephone connection to the panel if you want the SMS (which does seem to work, I just have reservations about it, how long does it take an SMS to reach you if someone sends it on new years at midnight ?)

Wouldnt bother with a standard PIR in the garage, wait until the dualtech comes out, I was told today that it should be released in June.

Why so adamant you want wireless??

i dont want to have to chase wires around the house and i am not convinced that there is a wide gap in terms of reliability and performance between wired and wireless but am i missing something?

Looks like the Enforcer is the one then, and no you don't need another keypad just mains and telephone connection to the panel if you want the SMS (which does seem to work, I just have reservations about it, how long does it take an SMS to reach you if someone sends it on new years at midnight ?)

Wouldnt bother with a standard PIR in the garage, wait until the dualtech comes out, I was told today that it should be released in June.

in terms of functionality are there any big wins the enforcer has over the prem 48?

i dont want to have to chase wires around the house and i am not convinced that there is a wide gap in terms of reliability and performance between wired and wireless but am i missing something?

Personally, I would only install a wired system in my house.

For starters the cost of servicing is cheaper on a wired system.

No need to chase. There is a big gap between the two. You could get a wired system installed for your budget.

- wireless kit but not averse to minimal wiring

- 2 way signalling / polling

- 1 panel

- 1 keypad

- 5 quad pirs and 1 dual tech

- 3 door contacts

- 1 sounder with piezos and backlight and 1 decoy

- 2 fobs

- sms messaging (not critical)

- monitoring

Id agree 2 way wireless is essential not a bonus

the wireless dualtech limits you to honeywell at the moment AFAIK

you are not going to get a backlit wireless bell. so that will need to be wired

dont waste your time with TAP sms. Its so unreliable you may as well use semaphore

any decent panel will do proper monitoring as standard

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived