Security Installer Community

I Need A Dvr To Email Me ?

DBS

Have you port forwarded on your router for smtp? Old port is 25 tcp new version is 587tcp, try both ports if one doesnt work.

Some isp's block port 25, so that could also be your issue

Thanks. I'm going to try that. I just presumed that if I could send email from outlook through port 25 then it would work. I'm going to open it up on the router and give it a go.

cheers.

Have you port forwarded on your router for smtp? Old port is 25 tcp new version is 587tcp, try both ports if one doesnt work.

Some isp's block port 25, so that could also be your issue

I thought Port forwarding would only be relevent for incoming not outgoing or emails

I don't agree, tech can't rule out user error on passwords etc.

For the record I have never had any returns issues.

Op: feel free to PM me you DVR login details and Ill have a gander.

The fact that they can remotely connect suggests that is connected to the LAN correctly not that it is set up correctly, its the op that says the smtp is correctly set up and that ts have confirmed this.

There is a long winded topic somewhere in trade about COP returns and secondhand kit sent out as replacement, they may of changed the way they do things now but the topic was enough to put me off

Your right pj, on a domestic router the norm would be all outgoing traffic allowed by default. but does depend on the router. More likely to be the isp, but changing both to 587 should get round that, if possible on the dvr.

proving the isp is blocking 25 seems to me to be a huge issue though, i cant think of any way to prove it without the isp saying so. Anyone else know uow to find this oit without isp input?

Just a further thought. try a dmz for the dvr, will eliminate router programming once and for all

What email address are you using to send the email? Gmail by any chance....

Tried gmail and then tried email address which is with my ISP and also tried my own email address from my domain account.

I would bring the DVR to another location with another ISP to test. You may have to change the outgoing mail server to suit that ISP. The fact you have tried 4 different DVRs suggests its not a DVR fault (settings aside that is) and the issue lies with your ISP/router/network. The fact the Pc can send emails only indicates its possible but a PC can circumvent issues and you may not be aware of them, a DVR will have less options available to it.

All,

Thanks for all your help here. Finally sorted! I took the DVR to another ISP location and used the Norbain xeno model.

Nice little DVR for the money I must admit.

Used port 587 with a google account and once I'd got over a DNS issue emails started coming through.

Once again thanks to all who replied.

Ps. I am looking into becoming a trade member on here and need someone to vouch for me! Anyone interested ???

Regards

Archived