Security Installer Community

Texecom Communicator Telephone Number

jamez79

Hi,

I have just tested my Texecom communicator and it doesn't work. It worked fine previously, but hasn't been activated for 12 months. When I tested it, it didn't connect to my mobile to play the pre recorded message or send a text. I get a dial tone and the number dials on the communicator but i hear the message "The number you have dialled has not been recognised".

Can someone tell me what the service centre number is for sending text messages and is there a pre fix for the outgoing call (ie does it go through a service centre or just dial my mobile number like a normal phone?

I am on orange mobile and sky for my home phone.

Thank you in advance.

James

The TAP system that this uses for SMS delivery is very unreliable. In fact so much so that o2 have now turned their system off. So if you were using that it wont work. The others will follow suit IMO.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

"The number you have dialled has not been recognised".

agreed but im assuming the OP knows his own number and the above refers to the SMS TAP

We should think of what TAP stands for as its turned out to be so bad

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We should think of what TAP stands for as its turned out to be so bad

I have never had any dealings with this sort of signalling, and have no idea what TAP stands for, put me out of my misery.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

It actually stands for Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol but i thought there might be some funny ones seen as its so (begins with s ends in hit)

I just had to ask, didn't I ! :xmas:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

vodafone messagew centre

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 3 weeks later...

Basically as Breff suggests.

Message from Texecom a follows:

SMS Service Centre Numbers

Texecom have been notified that the O2 network and the TAP gateway used for SMS texting via PSTN will be switched off at the end of March 2012.

The O2 centre number (07860 980480) has been unreliable for a period of time and on numerous occasions the service has either failed completely or delivered messages late. Please note, this does not affect SMS signaling over the GSM network.

Technical Advice

An alternative to the O2 centre number is a similar TAP service provided by the Vodafone network. The centre number for this service is 07785499993.

It is recommended that you change the primary SMS service centre number to the Vodafone one, and leave the secondary number as the O2 number detailed above, until such time that the service is ceased.

Texecom have no control over the operation of this facility, which is provided at the discretion of the network operator.

Due to the nature of SMS signalling via TAP, it is strongly recommended that this is not the primary form of signalling from the alarm system.

Archived