Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Zone Flt Zone Z01-Z07

andymg09

Currently I have a Scantronic 9751 Alarm system with 9930 LCD remote keypad. The software on the system is v02.01.

My problems started with the system showing Battery flt i.e. Missing battery and Unit battery Low power message. This was due to the battery being 10 years old . Anyway, I went into the installer mode and opened the control panel and replaced the battery unit - No issues in doing that. But when I tried to exit the installer mode by pressing 99, the system shows zone faults from 01-07. I have read the event log (using command 90), all it had was the Batt Flt Rstr (Battery restore) message. I did the walk test (command 97) and all the zones were tested no issues. I also ran Testing output command (i.e. 91, 92, 93, 94 and 95) and found no issues, although for 92 and 93 it didn't give any feedback so I assume its comms test which could be fine.

**edit**

PS: Apologies for the long post, I just wanted to make sure I have provided as much information as possible.

I assume you have mange to changed circuits types eg, from FSL to DP

Apologies for the ignorance but is that needed, all I have done is changed the battery that should not require any thing else to be changed?

Tried power downing the whole system then just power up on mains then battery or, battery 1st then mains

To be frank I dont remember the sequence as the Alarm went off (not sure at what point) and my main focus was to shut the thing off.

Could you please share the correct way to power down and power up the system?

FSL/DP is a setting to select how the system is wired. It is in the installer menu accessed via the installer code.

If you have accidentally changed this setting the zones will be active due to them having the wrong wiring.

Another thing to check is you haven't blown a fuse and the power supply is ok.

To cycle the power remove Mains then Battery, wait (the external sounder should sound).

Then put the Mains on and reconnect the battery, silence the system with your code.

Archived