Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Keypad Problem

tobo

No m8 i wish it was.

I was shown how to install this type of alarm a few years ago by a mate who is an alarm engineer. I usually do small systems as an extra when I'm rewiring houses. I was asked to do this alarm by a friend who is doing the electrics on the house. I went to my wholesalers and asked if they did 12 or more zone panels, and was told I could just put a couple of detectors on 1 zone. I was told a 1amp panel would take 15 detectors and 2 sounders. I installed the alarm which worked, then got a call saying it could not be deactivated. I powerd down the system and have to go back next week. My knowledge is VERY limited and Im just looking for a simple solution.

Having paid out for the materials and spent 2 days working at the house, I can't walk away and tell him to get an engineer. :shy::unsure::banghead:

No m8 i wish it was.

I was shown how to install this type of alarm a few years ago by a mate who is an alarm engineer. I usually do small systems as an extra when I'm rewiring houses. I was asked to do this alarm by a friend who is doing the electrics on the house. I went to my wholesalers and asked if they did 12 or more zone panels, and was told I could just put a couple of detectors on 1 zone. I was told a 1amp panel would take 15 detectors and 2 sounders. I installed the alarm which worked, then got a call saying it could not be deactivated. I powerd down the system and have to go back next week. My knowledge is VERY limited and Im just looking for a simple solution.

Having paid out for the materials and spent 2 days working at the house, I can't walk away and tell him to get an engineer. :shy::unsure::banghead:

Why not - if your customer is willing to pay more money for the correct panel then why not take this opportunity to let a proper firm come in and sort out your mess? I respect your tenacity but you're taking them for a ride long term. The whole job sounds shabby to me in the first place with double up on zones, overloading - get out now mate and stick to whatever it is you know best.

Got the premier 24 with on board expander. Put second sounder on LC. Texecom guy didn't think I needed a 48.

Now to find somewhere to sit and learn how to program each zone to normally closed.

Probably wont need the alarm as I'LL spend the rest of my days at the house trying to work out how it works.

Archived