Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Keypad Problem

tobo

Hi

I have installed a Veritas R8 with remote keypad. The system has a total of 10 Honeywell PIR's and 2 shock censors. It also has 2 Texecom Odyssey 3 Sounders, 1 at the front and 1 at the back of the house. I powered up the system and it worked fine. My customer came back from holiday a couple of days later and the alarm activated. The keypad is not responding and has lost the green power light. The panel seems OK and I have checked the voltage on the out going terminals for the keypad. The power light on the keypad comes on then goes back off when I switch the mcb at the cu. I have looped the 2 bell boxes without switching one of them to SAB or SCB. Could I have overloaded the panel with the 2 bell boxes? The system was left in the full set state for 3 days after installation. I usually only fit small kits with maybe 4 pirs and 1 bell so I am not used to checking the load. Any advise would be great.

The system has a total of 10 Honeywell PIR's and 2 shock censors. It also has 2 Texecom Odyssey 3 Sounders, 1 at the front and 1 at the back of the house. Could I have overloaded the panel with the 2 bell boxes?

This panel is well overloaded, too much detection and the bell boxes on there own would be too much current in SAB mode.

Even if you get the panel working, you should consider upgrading it to something bigger. 12 devices on a 8 zone panel isn't good IMO.

http://www.actmeters.com/p30print.htm

http://www.actmeters.com/manuals/Control%20Panel%20Cheklist_pictorial%20guide.pdf

Off the top of my head the odyssee is a 400ma load, so thats 800ma there already. 10 detectors at 20-40 each, say 300ma. a guess on cu at 200 and rkp at 80?, and you have 1.6amps(ish). Whats the panel rated to?

Ooo, plus battery charging current too, nearly forgot that....

Thanks for the advise guys.

I will ask my customer if he will consider reducing the amount of detectors.

Failing that can anyone recommend a larger panel I could swop this one with?

If he goes for the reduced number of detectors can I switch both sounders onto SCB via the jumpers or do I alter the wiring as well?

As above or if the panels blown...

Premier 24 with an Expander but still only a 1A PSU.

Premier 48 with an Expander has a 2A PSU.

If both sounders on SCB then you maybe okay with a 1A PSU, I think you need to get some measurements off the kit that's fitted.

How have you wired the 12 zones on to the 8 zone panel? Series in the panel or at the device?

I wouldn't put more than one device per zone.

I have wired the zones in series in the panel.

The first 4 zones are to a single detector then the rest are doubled up. I can get another panel if this one is blown.

the customer is happy to have the detectors on the same cct's.

can somebody send me a link to a suitable psu please.

And thanks again for the advise.

Archived