Security Installer Community

Old Modern Alarms Company

mish23

I have an alarm system fitted by modern alarms the company who had the blk cars with gold logo does anyone know what this company is now trading under pls as my home has one of there systems and it stopped working and it was found the battery coroded.The plasterer has thrown away the battery as i arranged workmen to do work while i was away so i do not know product codes of battery.The system does not have a model number on it .The main box iswhite and is as big as a lap top folded out full lenghth but chunkier and has a door with a little blk button and window for operating keys . it is set for pir and has sensors /shock sensors on windows and doors it also has an option to be set for automatic chime when doors are opened for extra security its more the type a business would use .I am now real stuck with no battery does anybody have any advise on how to contact the old company under a dif name or anyone know if another company main operating panel would be compatible to be fitted to my set up?i did ask one company but they said no that i would have to have all redone again from scratch i do not like the thought of that as this alarm system has never failed me in 20yrs of it been fitted pls help a damsel in distress ,thank you michelle

I used to work for Modern Alarms so I expect I'll have the paperwork for your panel and would therefore be able to tell you the battery to get.

Any chance of a picture, easily identified then.

Ok, 20yrs old, yes a new system would be good but I'm a great believer in 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

If it was/is still working and you're happy with it, let's find out what the panel is and easily ID the type of battery needed.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi as above ADT acquired Modern alarms some time ago, they are available on 0800 7816 999 and will be able to assist.

What planet are you on?

Their version of assist will be to sell a NEW system, they won't be interested in looking at the old system or even just replacing the battery.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived