Security Installer Community

Help Choosing A Dvr

caracortada_uk

Hello all, i am looking for advice on a dedicated 4ch DVR for a small business CCTV system.

At present i am using a Pico2000 card which is providing poor quality footage but the software is providing the options i want. Those being:

1) Easy to use GUI

2) Web based viewing

3) Ability to set areas for the motion detection to be triggered

4) Ability to adjust the motion detection sensitivity (we have birds that fly through the area, the pico2000 has been adjusted to ignore them)

5) Able to set a “pre-alarm” to the motion detection so it will record for a preset time prior to the motion detection being triggered.

I need a dedicated DVR that can do all of the above, but point 5 is not mandatory. But the ability to easy configure and monitor it is vital. I have seen ones that can be configured and monitored via network on a pc, this would be perfect rather than an awkward remote control. But it also needs to be able to record at D1 with a minimum of 6fps per channel, the more the better.

The majority of the cameras being used will be indoor dome cameras for monitoring the shop floor, they will be around 500TVL at the most. But the main camera is a 700TVL with IR aimed at a main gate and store room at a distance of 10m. Making sure the quality is adequate is important.

The one im currently looking at is the AverDigi EB3004NET+. I am also finding cheaper generic non-brand models available that meet the specs. But i have no idea how they are configured, if their interfaces are easy to use and if in general they provide good quality.

Does anybody have any experience of the Averdigi? Or of generic DVRs that would meet my needs?

Thanks

in my experience with motion detection youd be better off having the standalone dvr record 24/7 as motion detetcion isnt that accurate with recording. i have a dm setup hereand it has 600gb hdd installed, i get roughly 25 days at 15 fps at 19kb setting which gives excellent picture recording. motion detection isnt a great idea tbh. its very hit and miss. better to allow the dvr to record contantly over 24/7 than to set motion detetcion and have the chance of the dvr missing a record slot. just my 2penth.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

thought you were a dm man james?

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

no havnt been for a bit.

oh how comes? cost or features or both?

samsung srd-470d can do all of your requests, can also be viewed via iphone or android phones

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I'd probably go for a cop inspire DVR. Will do what you want and it's reasonable for the price, good warranty and after sales service for a customer like yourself. Samsungs a nice peice of kit but costs what it should.

I am not wanting to go over £200 with this, hence why i am looking at the Avermedia. Its £180 plus its a brand that i know. But the ability to control (view real time, playback and preferably configure) through a network PC is what im after. The Avermedia can do it with the CM3000 software/remote console, is this free?

If it turns out the Averdigi can not do this on its own, how do you rate DVRs which cant either such as

- The AvTech 793 at the same price

- The AvTech 674 at £135 (older model of the 793?)

- Or the Fuho HA-4125 at £115?

hi. using CMS with the aver eb3004 is very limited as is remote viewer (though pc) plus the eb is no longer made there are stocks about its been around for 6 years.

Avtech is the same old units. your problem is your looking for a lot of spec but your price is going down.

an other thing you need to look at. is this system is for your shop (you can write part off as TAX)

looking for a unit with pre and post alarm D1 and with fast play back i think you need to up your budget a bit

Archived