Security Installer Community

Help Choosing A Dvr

caracortada_uk

Well by £200 i do mean exc VAT so closer to £250 total for a DVR would be what im looking at budget wise. I know i am asking for alot, but that is the budget constraint put on me by the boss and as such im trying to get the best i can.

The EB may be out of production, but it does the job and is half the price of the nano you recommended on CCTV forum. When you say remote viewing is limited what do you mean? The main use for remote access will be to monitor live footage if the the alarm goes off, and to check recorded footage when we open up in the morning. The actual configuration i do not mind being done via the DVR and a mouse, its more the day to day operation im after.

Is there much difference between the real cheapies i mentioned and other models apart from remote access features and higher D1 FPS?

Well by £200 i do mean exc VAT so closer to £250 total for a DVR would be what im looking at budget wise. I know i am asking for alot, but that is the budget constraint put on me by the boss and as such im trying to get the best i can.

You probably spend more on office supplies in a month. And on this note all I shall say is good luck.

The EB may be out of production, but it does the job and is half the price of the nano you recommended on CCTV forum. When you say remote viewing is limited what do you mean?

Do your boss a favour tell him to dig deeper.

here are the problems with the EB (it was made for domestic use) you can only view 1 camera in play back (and you have to waite while it downloads) it does not have instant play back. that you would need in a shop.

i have 5 EB here but i would not sell you one for a shop. look at the apollo that is just about in your budget

Thanks again tomcctv.

1 camera at a time play back is not an issue, it only has 4 cameras so will only take a few minutes to check the alarm recordings. That is how the currently running pico2000 software works. And instant playback is not an issue, it will mainly be viewed from a network computer so quick loading. Off site access will only be to check live feeds before entering the site if there are still people on site, both work and the managers home have ADSL running at 7Mb/s.

As long as i can have one camera live feed running from one camera at a secluded area on the shop floor to detect shop lifting. The rest of the camera areas can be easily seen, its mainly night time we need the other cameras there in case of break ins.

The EB still seems to do all i need, what it doesnt do are more ease of use rather than lack of features which can be tolerated with the tight budget.

One final question (I think i hear you saying "what a surprise"). Power/video baluns, are there any draw backs? I can see video/audio/power and video/power baluns, im assuming that it is better to go for pure power/video as this allows more pairs and therefore less transmission loss? And there usable distance is 100ft?

hi i think you are best just buying a EB then.

this is what i have explaind to you about the EB.

you want alarm notification recording .......................... the EB does not do that

you want quick access to recordings ...............................the EB takes 20 - 30 mins to down load 2 mins of footage and can only do 1 camera.

you want to use CM3000 ................................the EB does not send alerts to cms its view only

i have been an engineer for avers for 7 years. am tying to help you here.

who ever you buy your EB from ask them to be honest with you. will it have updates for I.E in the future (no) will it have firmware repaire in the future (no)

Baluns. for 4 cameras i would just use RG59 with power its cheaper

Tom, thanks very much for all your honest advice.

I have looked into Apollo at your recommendation and will be going for them, the Zeus offers the same functionality as the EB plus more at a similiar price tag. Up to date software with a 3 year guarantee, cant complain about that. Also i have found their better domes than i was finding elsewhere!

Thanks again.

Tom, thanks very much for all your honest advice.

I have looked into Apollo at your recommendation and will be going for them, the Zeus offers the same functionality as the EB plus more at a similiar price tag. Up to date software with a 3 year guarantee, cant complain about that. Also i have found their better domes than i was finding elsewhere!

Thanks again.

where did you find the apollo dvr for sale and how much?

Archived