Security Installer Community

Watching Cctv On Every Tv Around The House - Info

bm_99

Hey people, i know roughly how this works, a link needed from the DVR to the TV amplifier system, then what? lol

any info appreciated

cheers

Link the Main Monitor output to a TV Modulator.

Run the Aerial through the Modulator into a TV Distrubution Ampilifer.

This transmits the CCTV image on an analogue channel to all TV's connected to the Amp.

And make sure you connect the modulator before any sky equipment or the Sky magic eye ir thingys will not work.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Link the Main Monitor output to a TV Modulator.

Run the Aerial through the Modulator into a TV Distrubution Ampilifer.

This transmits the CCTV image on an analogue channel to all TV's connected to the Amp.

And make sure you connect the modulator before any sky equipment or the Sky magic eye ir thingys will not work.

so coax cable from dvr to a tv modulator (what connection would this be BNC?? going into the modulator)

then the actual aerial cable will go into the modulator and then out to a tv distribution am, how would i know what channels it would come on

Hopefully the magic eye is not a problem as each room should have its own sky box lol, but if not what do you mean modulator before any sky equip

so coax cable from dvr to a tv modulator (what connection would this be BNC?? going into the modulator)

then the actual aerial cable will go into the modulator and then out to a tv distribution am, how would i know what channels it would come on

Hopefully the magic eye is not a problem as each room should have its own sky box lol, but if not what do you mean modulator before any sky equip

RG59 BNC to the DVR, BNC with a Male Phono adapter plugs into the modulator input.

The modulator has setting to set channel

If no magic eyes you will have no problem.

You really need to get a modulator and read the instructions, all will be clear then.

This is my modulator.

thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/gallery/image/411-tv-modulator/

Ignore the Red and White connections this is connected to my DAB radio (so the radio is played on the CCTV channel)

RG59 BNC to the DVR, BNC with a Male Phono adapter plugs into the modulator input.

The modulator has setting to set channel

If no magic eyes you will have no problem.

You really need to get a modulator and read the instructions, all will be clear then.

This is my modulator.

thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/gallery/image/411-tv-modulator/

Ignore the Red and White connections this is connected to my DAB radio (so the radio is played on the CCTV channel)

so the 1st cable on the right of your red and white phono connections thats your DVR Link cable?

so the 1st cable on the right of your red and white phono connections thats your DVR Link cable?

Yep from the Top (modulator)

White - (Phono) Audio to Radio

Red -(Phono) Audio to Radio

Yellow/(BNC to Phono) - RG59 to DVR Main Output

Aerial in from roof (RG58 BLC)

Aerial out to the Distrubion Amp (RG58 - BLC to F connector)

DC Power plug

Archived