Security Installer Community

Security Installer Vetting

crookie01

no.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

no.

Not quite true the crime needs to be shown as spent, otherwise the Police will not tell the potential employer what you did. I employed a drink driver on a current ban but the Police said no and wouldn't tell me why, as soon as his ban ended we screened him again and the Police said yes. We had already got rid of him by then but I was interested to find out if it was the ban preventing him from passing the screening

Not quite true the crime needs to be shown as spent, otherwise the Police will not tell the potential employer what you did. I employed a drink driver on a current ban but the Police said no and wouldn't tell me why, as soon as his ban ended we screened him again and the Police said yes. We had already got rid of him by then but I was interested to find out if it was the ban preventing him from passing the screening

I'm guessing he wasn't an engineer? An engineer with a driving ban is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

He was an engineer, a very good install engineer. Most of our installs are large commercials two-three or four man jobs so an engineer without a drivers licence just saves me money on fuel.

as above driving offences will show up if serious, ie drink, dangerous etc.

I dont vetting so im unsure how it works. I thought the vetting process only checked for relevant (theft, deception etc) rather than anything?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I dont vetting so im unsure how it works. I thought the vetting process only checked for relevant (theft, deception etc) rather than anything?

Thats my understanding, its certainly our local force policy.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

as above driving offences will show up if serious, ie drink, dangerous etc.

If you are already working for a co its unlikely that the ban would effect vetting because you have already been vetted. Our problem was the Police wouldnt tell us why we shouldnt employ this chap so we couldnt make an informed desision. The chap was insistant that he only had the DD offence, and the Police wouldnt tell me why I shouldnt employ him. I screened him the second time just out of curiosity

Archived