Security Installer Community

Gateway Transit Alerting

faugaballa

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can suggest simple way of causing a buzzer to sound in the house when anyone goes between the piers to roadway.

I'm having electric gates installed so there's mains power down there (about 60m from house)

I've also got a 10-pair cable (exterior phone PJ filled, 0.5mm sq.) laid from gate control box to house so should be 5 or 6 pairs spare.

I'm sure someone's hacked this one before.

Many thanks

Wonder if anyone can suggest simple way of causing a buzzer to sound in the house when anyone goes between the piers to roadway.

I'm having electric gates installed so there's mains power down there (about 60m from house)

I've also got a 10-pair cable (exterior phone PJ filled, 0.5mm sq.) laid from gate control box to house so should be 5 or 6 pairs spare.

I'm sure someone's hacked this one before.

A sensor (beam) wired to your alarm system on chime?

....or if you dont have an alarm, some active beams connected to a timer relay via a buzzer to activate for 5 seconds or so?

Do loads of this. Simplest way would be to connect to an existing alarm in the house though

....or if you dont have an alarm, some active beams connected to a timer relay via a buzzer to activate for 5 seconds or so?

Do loads of this. Simplest way would be to connect to an existing alarm in the house though

Good call I have done this too, but I know the OP has a Premier 24 (from another post)

OK sixwheelbeast (!) -

Seems like a good idea since, as u kno, I've got the Prem24.

Can u advise how to do this - would it be connecting a pair from NC relay (in IR beam cct at gate)to another Prem24 Zone?

I'm presuming u can/could set this zone for chime only - that zone NEVER to cause an alarm?

Might need a louder alerting sound than keypad 'chime' gives though - like could be working out back at the time on a windy day!

Value ur comments

cheers

Can u advise how to do this - would it be connecting a pair from NC relay (in IR beam cct at gate)to another Prem24 Zone?

I'm presuming u can/could set this zone for chime only - that zone NEVER to cause an alarm?

Might need a louder alerting sound than keypad 'chime' gives though - like could be working out back at the time on a windy day!

You can use a zone on the alarm system, use two cores (one pair).

Whatever you connect to on the gate/control MUST BE VOLTAGE FREE normally closed contacts, ideally off a clean relay.

If you can't do that the simplest way is a new set of beams just for the chime.

Wire that normally closed pair into the zone and program as normally closed.

Program as Exit Terminator and setup for Chime.

As for the volume fit an extention speaker to the alarm system you can also raise/lower the chime volume in Global Options.

• 1 month later...

Havn't got round to doing this - just been gathering the necessary bits like -

A pair of Came Doc-e sensors to be fitted in gateway piers and an Elmdene 20 watt, 16 Ohm speaker near panel in Utility Room.

Anyone know what's theTexecom 24's 'Spk' ouput characteristics,

eg, would I need an audio amp module to drive the speaker to it's max rating

and what should it's input impedance be for correct matching to panel?

Thanks in anticipation

Standard is max 8 Ohm. Usually quote low power but i wouldnt use an external amp just use the speaker outputs as they are. If you need more speakers you can use something called a Hi-Lo sounder which drives a built in 16 Ohm speaker from a switch 12v supply.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived