Security Installer Community

Loft Story

frenchman

I'm on top of the ladders pushing some rods through a lovely 10mm hole that I have drilled in the soffit. After 10 minutes of efforts, the rods finally engage in the 20mm hole that I have previously drilled right in the rafter in the corner of that cr*ppy boiling loft. I push one lenght in, two, three with an overwelming feeling that yeah! I'm pretty good really. Full of self satisfaction I crawl back to the corner of that bloody loft and sure enough find my set of rods waiting for their master. I pull carefully first then with more assurance, they come in easy, I truly am great. Until the last bit of the rod comes through and I realised the greatest engineer in Dorset have forgotten to tape the cable on ... Putain ...

Well I suppose by having the last word in French gets around any bad word filter.

Nice story though. :yes:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Now I've got time here's mine.

Shop with flat above. SA cable to go through the ceiling front corner of shop to get up to 1st floor level.

2" Cast iron gas pipe up the wall in front corner of shop, into the 1st floor and on up to the second.

Ideal place for the cable. Or so I thought.

Two of us, one up, one down. Took all the precautions necessary, or so we thought.

Drilled up through the ceiling away from the pipe, tapped the floor above, guy upstairs happy with the location.

Finished. Time to go for lunch.

After lunch I went upstairs to drop a wire down to pull up the bell cable.

Opened the door to go into the room to find it FULL of GAS.

The two pipes were joined under the floorboards with a 3ft length of LEAD PIPE in a U-bend configuration.

I drilled, in/out - in/out, 4 holes through the lead, so soft couldn't feel it.

I'll let you work out the rest.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived