Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial System And Adt

m2000

Hello,

recently had an ADT system fitted. Its a wireless setup, the ADT Quick-Connect.

It appears that this system is basically a re-badged Honeywell Domonial system. Can anyone confirm this?

I want to give some members of our family proximity tags rather than relying on them having to use codes to arm/disarm. Can any of the honeywell prox tags, ie. the ones for the Galaxy system, work with my system?

Also, how easy is it to add more detectors to the system, or is it a case of ADT coming out at some stupid rate?

Thanks!

Hello,

recently had an ADT system fitted. Its a wireless setup, the ADT Quick-Connect.

It appears that this system is basically a re-badged Honeywell Domonial system. Can anyone confirm this?

I want to give some members of our family proximity tags rather than relying on them having to use codes to arm/disarm. Can any of the honeywell prox tags, ie. the ones for the Galaxy system, work with my system?

Also, how easy is it to add more detectors to the system, or is it a case of ADT coming out at some stupid rate?

Thanks!

did you not wonder why it was so cheap to start with?

as the system is under contract only ADT can work on this, you`ll be tied in till the term ends then you can shop around.

OP,

the tags are circa £8 each, they can be posted out to your home and programmed remotely without the need for an engineer.

where abouts in the country do you live?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

OP,

the tags are circa £8 each, they can be posted out to your home and programmed remotely without the need for an engineer.

where abouts in the country do you live?

Hi, I am in Manchester. So ADT still need to "code" each of the tags, but it can be done by them dialling in?

Thanks

Yes, it's a three year deal Inc monitoring, maintenance and call outs. £20 a month. I got the install for less than advertised on website.

Apparently, although they reserve title t the goods, they have a policy of not removing after the 36 months period.

Its a nice little system, in my opinion anyway, I got the pet friendly plus fire option.

Hi, I am in Manchester. So ADT still need to "code" each of the tags, but it can be done by them dialling in?

Thanks

speak to your local branch on 0161 252 5573, they should be able to arrange for the fobs to be posted out and once received you can ring and get them programmed via resolve.

Some more useful info here...

http://www.adt.co.uk/company-information/help-residential-customers

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

speak to your local branch on 0161 252 5573, they should be able to arrange for the fobs to be posted out and once received you can ring and get them programmed via resolve.

Some more useful info here...

http://www.adt.co.uk/company-information/help-residential-customers

Thanks for that matey. I have seen the fobs for sale online for the Honeywell Domonial system which is the same one as mine I believe. Could I buy them from the net (about a fiver each). And then ask ADT to dial in and programme them? OR will ADT only programme up ones they supplied?

Another question mate, will they charge for the remote programming?

Thanks a lot for your help

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy fobs online etc you can programme them yourself without having to get resolve to dial in as long as you have a master code or fob,if you get stuck pm me and I'll give you instructions, basically press right or left arrow it'll ask for master code or fob you'll then get a drop down menu press eft or right again till you have users highlighted,press ok, it'll then say fobs or codes,left or right again till fobs is highlighted press ok, then select a user number that hasn't been used press ok then follow screen instructions on screen, but watch if you select a user number already in use you'll overwrite the old fob with the new one

Trade Member

Archived