Security Installer Community

Telecom Security

Hi I'm a senior engineer at communicate uk a macias gold company in Essex. I have just been to take over a telecom security DSS-680UK alarm panel which was looked after by ADT .

I could not really get anywhere with it as I don't have a manual and the service timer has been set up so the customer can not use the alarm at the moment.

If anyone can help with a manual that would be a big help

Hi I'm a senior engineer at communicate uk a macias gold company in Essex.

We don't supply manuals in the public forums, apply for trade

Telecom must have wrapped up 15 yrs+ ago, I'd be tempted to put something decent in?

Mr? Veritas God

Unless you have a programming keypad you will not be able to use the panel, there is no service timer on these so there may be a fault elsewhere. Bullet proof panels but disliked by engineers for some reason, as Mr H says you will need to install new.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Most of these systems had no bells on them (when i worked on them anyway).

You can put a bell on if there is a psu added.

A pain to program on site, but was easy to get control centre to do it for you.

To be honest, rip it out.

Or apply to trade as i have manuals if you are brave enough to have a go.

Kev

Lol sorry that was the stupid auto correct text on the iPad it was meant to say NACOSS GOLD

I thought there was a new inspectorate for a minute and nobody had thought to tell me, I feel a right plum now I actually googled it

I thought there was a new inspectorate for a minute and nobody had thought to tell me, I feel a right plum now I actually googled it

With spelling like that and the mention of that obscene brand of product - had me worrying for a moment. :whistle:

• 6 years later...

Hello, long time since this thread was started but I too have an ADT takeover on one of these, are the zones wired back individually on these? Or are they ID biscuits? Or zone expansion modules?

i have 17 ccts on this one 2 keypads a bell I presume! Only 13 cables into the panel! Although there could be a few cables that have more than one device per cable, didn't want to open it up just in case it has tamper lock out.

cheers