Security Installer Community

Testing Break Glass Detectors

ezki1

hi guys, just wondering how other engineers test break glass detectors, ive found it to be a right pain in the **** trying to get them to get open circult, i usaully dangle keys, which works but doesnt look very proffesional. there must be a easier way of doing it. Masterblasters do set them off, because i had a job that anytime the customer had a false alarm the masterblaster would activate all the break glasses causing a confirmed signal, obviously i wont be testing with a masterblaster,,,

how do you test them

Before I found a proper tester I used to thump the glass, so I got the low level flex, followed by the quick key jangle.

Using the tester is far better as its always the same volume and so a more uniform test.

we are using Honeywell FG701 which can voice and trigger the break glass detector.

I am a native chinaese, and as the security installer.

I would like to make friends with you about industry security,my skype is kofaihuang.

I usually have trouble using my Honeywell BGU Tester on our new Texecom Impaq BGU's. Very rarely will trigger.

You look an idiot after 4 or 5 goes with the tester. Especially when you have to resort back to the thump and van keys technique.

Works perfect on Honeywell BGU's tho, certain testers seem to only work with certain BGU's.

Generally avoid fitting BGU's, have fun with "false alrms" around fireworks season.

Archived