Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier All Zones Tamper After Install

TSV

Hi,

I bought a Texecom Premier and LCD Keypad and had an electrician fit it. When I came to program it it says zones 1-8 Tamper but 9 onwards are secure.

It's a simple system, I only have 2 doors with contacts and 4 windows with vibration sensors, no PIR's or anything else.

The electricianis back tomorrow for some other bits so I was hoping people could tell me what it is likely to be so I can get him to double check everything.

The vibration sensors are Texecom too and they seem to be OK, they flash green every few seconds and when I bang on the window they go red for a few seconds. I've set the chime to be on and when I bang the windows the chime doesn't go off. It doesn't go off when I open the door either. Can anyone give me some advice please?

It's programmed wrong.

Thanks for your reply. I've got the guide here, any idea what is programmed wrong and what it should be? Sorry to be a pain, I'm useless at this which is why I brought in an electrician.

electricians and alarms generally dont mix.

If you have paid him, then he'll sort it.

If he doesnt know what hes doing, he shouldnt have said yes.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Not sure as I can't get the control panel open until tomorrow. Assuming he has done that correctly, what else could it be? I've just been programming it and all seems well until you get into walking the system and it just says 1-8 tamper. There should only be 6 zones as I've only got 2 doors and 4 windows so I'm guessing it's not a wiring error or it would only show zones 1-6 tamper. It says zone 9 onwards are secure.

I'm useless at this which is why I brought in an electrician.

When you need your car repairing do you use a lawn mower mechanic? ....... get my drift?

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived