Security Installer Community

Help Deciding On New Bellbox

Benny2009

Hello,

Im just about to upgrade my old bellbox which has served me really well over the last 10 years, but it looks tired & weathered now, with the flashing leds about to give up now. Having said that the piezos still scream & strobe also works. Its a Pyronix Belle model.

I am considering to upgrade to the Newer Pyronix Deltabell Plus Model, are they good, quality wise? Naturally I'm hoping to make transition to the same manufacurer, as the old one has never given problems.

I've seen on this forum many are fans of the Gardtec products Novagard etc, and also texacom oddessey, but how do you professionals rate the Pyronix range in terms of quality. I haven't yet seen a post praising the new deltabell.

I also have Pyronix magnum quad PIRs indoors & these have also served really well.

I must say, I am to a little extent attracted by the backlights on the new deltabell. B))

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Hello,

Im just about to upgrade my old bellbox which has served me really well over the last 10 years, but it looks tired & weathered now, with the flashing leds about to give up now. Having said that the piezos still scream & strobe also works. Its a Pyronix Belle model.

Still fit Belle's, it's pretty common for the LED's to start flashing faster/dimmer at 10 years old, it doesn't mean it's had it yet.

If it's just looking sun bleached, a new lid for a fiver you may get another 10 years out of it. Pretty reliable IMO.

The Deltabell's are of much the same quality with a lot of extra features including the backlight and engineers hold off.

Personally not to keen on the shape.

I can be sure in 10 years your "new" box would look just as tired too.

Still fit Belle's, it's pretty common for the LED's to start flashing faster/dimmer at 10 years old, it doesn't mean it's had it yet.

If it's just looking sun bleached, a new lid for a fiver you may get another 10 years out of it. Pretty reliable IMO.

The Deltabell's are of much the same quality with a lot of extra features including the backlight and engineers hold off.

Personally not to keen on the shape.

I can be sure in 10 years your "new" box would look just as tired too.

Hi SWB, I totally agree with you, I am looking for excuse to change it!! You are absolutely right, my leds are flashing at mega speed & also considerably dim. Cover seems ok, its red, but the trasluscent base has got green mould into it, & can't source the twin decibell led kit, so thought might as well change it. The newer deltabell has got the eng Hold off & low voltage strobe which I like & to be honest I wasn't too keen on delta shapes initially, but after seeing a few go up in my neighbourhood, kinda started liking them.

Can you offer any tips on best way of removing the old belle. I suppose I'LL have to brace for the noise as soon as I open the lid, as it will set off the tamper, but will the strobe also illuminate? Whats the best way to silence, quickly cut the wires to the piezos or slowly pull out the connector from the pcb?

Thank you

regards

the trasluscent base has got green mould into it, & can't source the twin decibell led kit, so thought might as well change it.

The green mould is on the back (it's lodges in the ridge) if you want to give it a scrub.

Here's a twin flasher on Ebay

Also here's a new NiCD battery just incase.

If you want to keep your box looking smart at less cost. Shame to waste a working box?

The newer deltabell has got the eng Hold off & low voltage strobe.

Please note to use the engineer's hold off an extra wire and some programming will be required. This means lid off the panel and play with the wiring too.

Can you offer any tips on best way of removing the old belle. I suppose I'LL have to brace for the noise as soon as I open the lid, as it will set off the tamper, but will the strobe also illuminate? Whats the best way to silence, quickly cut the wires to the piezos or slowly pull out the connector from the pcb?

Ear protection, engineers mode and either method will work. Avoid touching the PCB, especially the strobe which sticks up.

Archived