Security Installer Community

Cctv Laws.

patronltd

Hello,

We have recently installed CCTV for a domestic customer, the whole reason they have had the system installed is to catch unwanted visitors and potentionally to use footage in court. Do they have to display signs by law as if so the whole 'Discreet' cameras are kind of a waste?

Any help would be great

Thanks Jamie :D

Hello,

We have recently installed CCTV for a domestic customer, the whole reason they have had the system installed is to catch unwanted visitors and potentionally to use footage in court. Do they have to display signs by law as if so the whole 'Discreet' cameras are kind of a waste?

Any help would be great

Thanks Jamie :D

If you have installed the CCTV for a specific problem to catch someone you suspect is damaging your property or stealing you do not need signage up and till you have caught the perpetrator. However, to be any use in court the CCTV has to be installed to a minimum standard watermarked digital images, Rotakin, has been mentioned recently, if the perpetrator has a good solicitor the chances are a budget recording wont stand a chance

Last year i had 3 sucessful court cases for domestic customers

No signage for domestic is required but we did fit A5 sized signs in some of the installs at customers request

All were JPEG2000 DVR's and on 2 occasions the solicter for defendant requested the CODEC used for recording the Footage, i asked the reason and was told by Court People it was to see if they could pull the manipulated images trash they do over here regarding H264

was a Rotakin used another attempt at getting evidence thrown out

Thank you all for your comments,

Rotakin? could someone just explain this to me even if its a basic summary of what it is and how it affects the end user? If its any help the DVR is an Apollo 4 way HD series which is using H.264 compression.

Its amazing the way you could be in a terrible situation but the offender probably has more protecting them than yourself.

OH GOD! ive worked for a company for quite a while now and ive never seen this 'Rotakin' Do all you guys use this test for each of your installs. Sorry to ask so much its just new and im keen to learn how it should be used etc.

thanks again

OH GOD! ive worked for a company for quite a while now and ive never seen this 'Rotakin' Do all you guys use this test for each of your installs. Sorry to ask so much its just new and im keen to learn how it should be used etc.

thanks again

Not all of them

Pheew, is it worth will me spending some time getting into using this method? after all i want to do things the best i can and if im missing something important id like to get to grips with it asap.

Archived