Security Installer Community

Android Or W7?

About to upgrade my phone in the next few days to a HTC HD. Now just wondering which O/S to go for. Windows 7 or Android?

I have no experience of either as my current phone is a N73 lol. I would like to keep/download manuals for work in PDF, and then just the norm of internet browsing etc. Any thoughts which has more going for it?

Gaz

Quite a few forums mention the low ringer volume but dosent appear to happen to all handsets??

All apps, bar 3, went to phone memory and filled that up, phone software would let me move them to SD card, well i think it let me move one, said the others were not moveable, anyway, guess what - theres an app for it :)

That moved everything except for 3, just says unmoveable but i can live with that.

Also my phone stays in my side knee pocket on dickies work trousers, usually cant feel it vibrate - but guess what...? lol

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Quite a few forums mention the low ringer volume but dosent appear to happen to all handsets??

All apps, bar 3, went to phone memory and filled that up, phone software would let me move them to SD card, well i think it let me move one, said the others were not moveable, anyway, guess what - theres an app for it :)

That moved everything except for 3, just says unmoveable but i can live with that.

Also my phone stays in my side knee pocket on dickies work trousers, usually cant feel it vibrate - but guess what...? lol

I have a desire, no problem with ring volume but i only use the old fashioned phone bell, my wife has the wildfire a very comparable phone considering its supposed to be entry level, she has a popular ringtone but doesnt seem to have a problem hearing it (she answers it more than she did the samsung)

Android apps seem to do everything Ive ever needed a phone to do plus more than I ever dream't I could do, Im more than happy with my desire and the Android platform

But guess what...

With your new found fetish for all things moby you're beginning to sound like ....... you need help. :P

But guess what...

With your new found fetish for all things moby you're beginning to sound like ....... you need help. :P

lol, im trying to find an app to help us

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

can either of these run a cooper remote reset prog?

not sure, but on another note have you seen risco's new idea? They have a password protected anticode reset software running on their server, so you can log in via web broser.

• 5 weeks later...

Nexus s defeats all phones that stand before it. Faster to turn on, quicker internet over 3g better satnav than the ip4 and you can add extra memory unlike on ip4. Android phones are now the market leaders. Most apps have a free version on android. You just have to put up with adds popping up every now and then. The new HTC Windows 7 is really good but fewer apps but can interface with a lot of product ie printers and networks. Depends what you want to use it for. Might be better waiting for new 4G phones to come out if your going for a long contract. I have android HTC legend and is really good.

Hmm, I am sure most techies would agree with you but problem is; most people are not techies. Android comes no where near iPhone for ease of use and for that reason will fail in the average users eyes. I have had both.

I am not an apple fanboy but I am able to recognise and appreciate credit where it is due, simply put, there would be no android without the iphone.

For me Android faces a bigger problem, ask most android users what type of phone they have and the will answer Samsung, HTC or whatever, ask an iPhone user and its a silly question. thats the genius behind the iphone, marketing wise they have kicked ass.

BTW I thought the iPad was a waste of time, how wrong was I?

With iPhone if you don't like how the phone works or want for example a real keyboard then is tough, but with android with different manufactures you will be able to find a phone for you. Speaking of phones 4 you the founder could do with a good security system. It's not a negative thing that different people make android phones. It's a plus. After all. What would it be like if there were only 1 make of PCs.

Archived