Security Installer Community

Xvision Lens Mount Question

daz69

I have a PCC225-2 Xvision 480 TVL camera body and a XL0409A-PRO 4.0 TO 9.0mm lens that has an DC auto iris.

So far so good, but I can't see a way of securing the lens at the desired rotation - what I mean is the lens screws on fine, but when tight the galvanometer is pointing downwards and the 'manual' (not great translation) specifies it should be horizontal to the left front of the camera body - that is how I see complete cameras when looking at complete kit pictures on the web.

The cameras I've played with before have had grub screws in the body that locate in a groove in the lens - easy.

Is there something I'm missing or will it not hurt to have the galvanometer pointing downwards?

The camera body did come with a plastic screw mount that screws into the body and then the lens screws into that, but that only serves to increase the distance between the lens and the body by 3 or 4 mm and doesn't get over the problem.

Thanks for your help.

There was nothing like that supplied, but I like your thinking - I was about to get the PTFE tape out.

I guess the real question is will it cause any problems to have the auto iris bulge pointing down instead of left?

There was nothing like that supplied, but I like your thinking - I was about to get the PTFE tape out.

I guess the real question is will it cause any problems to have the auto iris bulge pointing down instead of left?

Is it going in a housing? I could see a problem if it was sitting on a heater or something, but otherwise I cant see a problem.

Yes its just in a normal external housing, lots of room, no heater.

I didn't know whether something in the auto iris didn't like being upright, I think I'll just wack it in as it is and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Is there something I'm missing or will it not hurt to have the galvanometer pointing downwards?

The camera body did come with a plastic screw mount that screws into the body and then the lens screws into that, but that only serves to increase the distance between the lens and the body by 3 or 4 mm and doesn't get over the problem.

Thanks for your help.

There is no up or down to the lens really I have seen them at all orientations.

When you mount the lens the thumb screw's for focusing need to be accessible.

To do this the lens normally has about 340 degrees "slip" at the end of it's thread.

Mount the lens till it stops, adjust the lens anti-clockwise until the lens is the correct orientation to focus.

Then focus.

The 5mm spacer ring is provided for when you mount a C-Mount lens to a CS-Mount camera.

The flange focal distance of CS-Mount lens is 12.5mm which is 5mm shorter than the C-Mount lens.

CS-Mount camera is always compatible with C or CS Mount lens, C-Mount camera is not compatible with CS-Mount lens.

Most cameras are CS-Mount cameras and include a C-ring.

Mount the lens till it stops, adjust the lens anti-clockwise until the lens is the correct orientation to focus.

Then focus.

I was expecting something like that but the mount will not turn in relation to the body of the lens, I've even tried with plastic-faced pliers on the thread - anymore and I'll just have bits of lens.

Anyway its nice and tight orientated downwards but that leaves the thumb screws at the top which is the most accessible place for where its going.

Quick, friendly forum, I have no doubt I will be talking to you again.

Archived