Security Installer Community

Xvision Lens Mount Question

daz69

I guess the real question is will it cause any problems to have the auto iris bulge pointing down instead of left?

With Auto Iris cameras and lenses, the video level is measured by the camera and the Iris is adjusted to either increase or decrease the video level to predefined limits. The bulge is simply the mechanics of adjusting the Iris, there is no sensors or any sort of measuring done here so the origination requirements of the buldge are simply ones of convenience(focusing requirements aside that is).

I was expecting something like that but the mount will not turn in relation to the body of the lens, I've even tried with plastic-faced pliers on the thread - anymore and I'll just have bits of lens.

Anyway its nice and tight orientated downwards but that leaves the thumb screws at the top which is the most accessible place for where its going.

Quick, friendly forum, I have no doubt I will be talking to you again.

I am not sure what you mean about the mount (should be simple), but you definately don't require plier's of any sort!!

If the lens will fit in the housing and the thumb screws are accessible I wouldn't worry.

Archived