Security Installer Community

Ts900 Not Working Properly

pfg6

my menvier ts900 alarm system isnt working properly...

had the system for ages now and i maintain it well, the backup battery and fuses are all fully working but....

im havin problems with it for some reason

it likes to randomly start going off when unarmed, and ther is no part sets or tampers

the bellbox strobe randomly flashes sumtimes when the system is unarmed

if it has been goin off when i go to reset it it dosent want to reset and wen it does reset the internal sounder sounds a long beep for about 30seconds.

and a problem i had earlier today was wen doing a fullset it refused to arm then it finally armed, after th exit timer finished and i was outside i could hear 2 beeps every 3 seconds or so, then i heard an internal alarm so i had to go in and unarm it and arm it again and it armed without exit time... jus heard a long beep then it was set

the system isnt monitored it is sound only

i really dont know what it up with it it really isnt acting as normal

please help :)

How do you know the battery is ok? Having 12v or so means nothing.

What does the Log tell you, it must say something?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

How do you know the battery is ok? Having 12v or so means nothing.

What does the Log tell you, it must say something?

sounds like a tamper as it does it when unset.

maybe the bellbox is the issue have you checked backup in the bellbox?

like magpye said it should say something on keypad.

also check aux tamp

Wonder if it's a gardtec nova 2 external siren, and the cut track mod is needed?

As Others check the log.

A clue to power failure would be the clock time/date being reset.

One test you can make is remove the mains safely, wait a while and see if panel dies or if you have a meter if the voltage drops off bellow 11.75 within a few minutes, crude test but a voltage test on a battery means nothing without it being 'loaded'.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Wonder if it's a gardtec nova 2 external siren, and the cut track mod is needed?

As Others check the log.

A clue to power failure would be the clock time/date being reset.

One test you can make is remove the mains safely, wait a while and see if panel dies or if you have a meter if the voltage drops off bellow 11.75 within a few minutes, crude test but a voltage test on a battery means nothing without it being 'loaded'.

Arfur

its not a guardtec nova 2 siren, not sure what siren it is.

ive checked the log and it says nothing about a fault, tamper or battery fault

the clock and date seem to be fine.

and i did remove the mains power to the panel, i got a beepin coming from the internal sounder and the screen said 'ac off'

entered my code to stop the beeping and then it went to 'system open' - as it does when its unarmed then the screen changed to the time and date as normal.

and it beeped once every now and then, but left the mains off for a while, so the battery is fine.

power up the mains again and got 'AC restored' on the screen.

I'd be looking at carrying out a full reset and re-program, a pain but its worth a try.

i may have to default it and do that.

Sounds like you may need a new panel

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

and i did remove the mains power to the panel, i got a beepin coming from the internal sounder and the screen said 'ac off'

entered my code to stop the beeping and then it went to 'system open' - as it does when its unarmed then the screen changed to the time and date as normal.

and it beeped once every now and then, but left the mains off for a while, so the battery is fine.

power up the mains again and got 'AC restored' on the screen.

All this sounds normal.. The log will confirm mains off. (I use mine to tell me the length of power cuts)

Archived