Security Installer Community

Ts900 Not Working Properly

pfg6

im gonna default it and reprogram it in the week.

read the log 1st, user code + ent then 9, ent to do back in time, (or check in your book)

record what in the log before doing anything

if it still plays up i will have to buy a new panel or jus grab a new ts900 PCB

the ts900 has not be made in many yrs

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I'm wondering is there an expander powered from and In an unmonitored PSU?

Arfur

nope, hvnt got an expander connected

Check for an earth fault on the AB data lines.

This I have seen a few times cause the issues mentioned.

will chk wen i can

the ts900 has not be made in many yrs

i kno

i ment a pcb thts used but workin

If no expanders, I assume only one or two rkp on the bus,

that's not usually that far from the panel, i have not used these panels, but solely based on the EWD being more exposed to weather and a longer run, might also be a problem on the EWD or it's cables and both worth a look.

A quick initial test is put meter probe to a good ground with meter on volts. Test to each pole of the battery (because its essy to lodge you probe inder the clip), ideally less than volt will show. Florescence lighting can cause induced voltage readings with dvm's, due to their high impedance (basically very little load offered)

Say you get 6 volts, disconnect the rkp cables, then AUX power cables then EWD, watch if/when the voltage disappears or drops significantly, when it do's that will be the cable to further look at for staple fault or water ingress.

Another thought, don't the rkp have zones on? If so is one used for a door contact? would be high on the list if likely suspects if so :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Get an engineer thats familiar with them, they are pretty bullet proof, I'd be very surprised if there is a fault with the panel itself. Sometimes that £60 callout can save you much more hassle down the line...... A full proper service by an experienced engineer (hate that word) would be my advice. Trying to second guess/reprog a professional panel will lead to tears.

ok guys... just an update with the system....

had another problem

when you walk past a pir when the system is unset the leds on all the pirs in the house come on...

after downloading the engineers manual i fully defualted the panel back to factory settings and reprogrammed it.

didnt take too long... and its all reprogrammed now.

it seems to be working perfectly now...but theres still one issue

the bellbox strobe still decides to flash randomly, so im guessing the bellbox is dead....

well it is one of those really old ones with a big strobe on it.

so i may get a new bellbox

Archived