Security Installer Community

Nokia And Ms Windows Phone 7

james.wilson

As nokia will be using Windows phone 7 in the near term im expecting some cracking hardware. Thank god they finally dropped symbian.

IMO they will use the meego as an open source platform to 'compete' with android. And use phone 7 as there main stream smartphone system.

Looks good imo. Plus with RIM trying to make android work on blackberry shows to me its a 3 horse race between MS, Apple and Android.

Apple and MS will be high end IMO android will rule the volume and be the low end os of choice

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are they to late to the supper though James?

they used to be the defacto handsets, great battery life and robust. but as handsets gained functionality they seemed to sit on their laurels after te N95 8GT imho.

now Android and Iphone's are so strong, i fear Nokia are to late to regain their once held lofty position, not helped in any way by some very buggy smart phones.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if (and i have only seen reviews) windows phone 7 is as good as it looks then its a good move. GIves control of the environment to nokia without the fragmentation of devices and performance that android allows. You said yourself that you thought your iphone was far Superior to android cos you compared it to a low end (ish) android device.

That will be the issue imo. Android will rule in numbers terms, new facebook phone runs android for example. But as with anything a lot of people hate ms due to not buying or spending enough on the machine to run it and blame windows not the machine. ie slowness etc.

I see the same problem with android as they cant control the hardware spec. Apple and MS can as its licenced. Think of it as an approved vs unapproved issue lol

No control at all on the android side. I always thought they had a chance to make it work, but when someone as powerful as nokia joins the MS game and not android (as i prev thought they would) it does speak volumes.

nokia always made great hardware, the thing that held them back was the OS. However how does a hardware manufacturer carve its own segment when using another OS. THink of the PC manufacturers that have been and gone. But then think of those that have done well, ie Dell, HP etc.

Id say this is a huge oppertunity for MS (not nokia but they will IMO go along for the ride)

Id put money on the fact my next handset will run MS phone 7/8 and be made by nokia. I cant see a better partnership to be honest

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

if (and i have only seen reviews) windows phone 7 is as good as it looks then its a good move. GIves control of the environment to nokia without the fragmentation of devices and performance that android allows. You said yourself that you thought your iphone was far Superior to android cos you compared it to a low end (ish) android device.

That will be the issue imo. Android will rule in numbers terms, new facebook phone runs android for example. But as with anything a lot of people hate ms due to not buying or spending enough on the machine to run it and blame windows not the machine. ie slowness etc.

I see the same problem with android as they cant control the hardware spec. Apple and MS can as its licenced. Think of it as an approved vs unapproved issue lol

No control at all on the android side. I always thought they had a chance to make it work, but when someone as powerful as nokia joins the MS game and not android (as i prev thought they would) it does speak volumes.

nokia always made great hardware, the thing that held them back was the OS. However how does a hardware manufacturer carve its own segment when using another OS. THink of the PC manufacturers that have been and gone. But then think of those that have done well, ie Dell, HP etc.

Id say this is a huge oppertunity for MS (not nokia but they will IMO go along for the ride)

Id put money on the fact my next handset will run MS phone 7/8 and be made by nokia. I cant see a better partnership to be honest

Nokia have been left way behind with regards to business users.

You may be disappointed. They may well see more mileage in the yoof sector.

Archived