Security Installer Community

Nokia And Ms Windows Phone 7

james.wilson

Hate to be contrary, but even though I come from an MS background (MSCE etc) I have to say the iPhone 4 wins over *all* others. If only for the service...

I recently managed to run over mine with my car! In the snow. Long story - bad memories - anyway, I walked into the Apple store in Manchester, displayed my banana shaped iPhone & was told it's £140 to replace. I agreed. So the guy asks how I managed to get it so badly damaged (and still working)? I explained that it had been a bad week - both the wife & I were made redundant (just before xmas!), I'd crashed the car & then I'd managed to run over my practically brand new iPhone. (All true). Guy wanders off to the counter and talks to service manager who calls me over and says "believe you've had a bad week - we'll replace for free!"

Talk about gobsmacked - these things don't happen to me - only other lucky folk!

Anyway, things like that make customers loyal. For that reason Apple will outdo both MS & Android.

And they also do "desirable" kit. People *want* to buy their kit. Just have a look in your local Apple store & count the people playing on the machines.

Brand loyalty counts above features in this market.

Paul

Hate to be contrary, but even though I come from an MS background (MSCE etc) I have to say the iPhone 4 wins over *all* others. If only for the service...

I recently managed to run over mine with my car! In the snow. Long story - bad memories - anyway, I walked into the Apple store in Manchester, displayed my banana shaped iPhone & was told it's £140 to replace. I agreed. So the guy asks how I managed to get it so badly damaged (and still working)? I explained that it had been a bad week - both the wife & I were made redundant (just before xmas!), I'd crashed the car & then I'd managed to run over my practically brand new iPhone. (All true). Guy wanders off to the counter and talks to service manager who calls me over and says "believe you've had a bad week - we'll replace for free!"

Talk about gobsmacked - these things don't happen to me - only other lucky folk!

Anyway, things like that make customers loyal. For that reason Apple will outdo both MS & Android.

And they also do "desirable" kit. People *want* to buy their kit. Just have a look in your local Apple store & count the people playing on the machines.

Brand loyalty counts above features in this market.

Paul

www.sascctv.co.uk

With all due respect, whats the apple shop actions got to do with the phone itself and the differing OS?

I too can't praise my phone provider highly enough....by that token, it makes the iphone pants - and by coincidence, i personally think it is.

With all due respect, whats the apple shop actions got to do with the phone itself and the differing OS?

I too can't praise my phone provider highly enough....by that token, it makes the iphone pants - and by coincidence, i personally think it is.

The point I was trying to make - obviously poorly - was that the market as a whole will react to such actions. The merits or otherwise of the underlying OS is largely irrelevant. See Betamax. Just because technically something is better or poorer at a given job does not in and of itself make it the winner *in this market*.

The point I was trying to make - obviously poorly - was that the market as a whole will react to such actions. The merits or otherwise of the underlying OS is largely irrelevant. See Betamax. Just because technically something is better or poorer at a given job does not in and of itself make it the winner *in this market*.

Don't worry, some of us hate the thing you seem to admire so much. We are still getting over the trauma of having ot deal with the last afficionado said object. Can't bring myself to say it. Really should be in the bad word filter. :P

Archived