Security Installer Community

Bell Box And Dummy Position

Forsh

Mum-in-laws semi-detached L shape bungalow with two drive widths to next door, a peak on the gable and a peak on the front where the bell box(es)can be located. What's the consensus, would you put the bell box on the front and the dummy on the side or vice versa?

Mum-in-laws semi-detached L shape bungalow with two drive widths to next door, a peak on the gable and a peak on the front where the bell box(es)can be located. What's the consensus, would you put the bell box on the front and the dummy on the side or vice versa?

Facing your closest neighbour(s)

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I was going to have an LED wired up in the dummy anyway but didn't realise I could have two live boxes.

I take it I just wire in parallel with the other (except the tamper)?

:)

It would be advisable to fit one SAB and one SCB this way you will not overload the PSU.

Most panel PSU's can not take the current of two SAB's.

An SAB uses the panel PSU to power the bell while sounding, where as SCB uses is internal battery while sounding.

Many SCB's could be fitted to a panel, due to only drawing charging/standby current; but SCB's are slightly quieter due to this.

Most modern SAB's have a switch inside to make them into an SCB.

All connections would then be parallel with exception to the tamper, this needs to be series'd through both boxes.

Diagrams are normally provided with the units.

Archived