Security Installer Community

Home Owner

Guest Oxo

Use the search function a lot, when trying to give a previous question an answer.

I agree a HEADER is easier to work with.

But asking JP to make 3 maybe 7 topics for a solution to their particular issue is wrong.

Some find it hard enough to find us, US WILLING TO ASSIST FOR FREE, remember.

So why not let a thread evolve?

Lets be famous for good solid advice, not peeing about.

I'm with James principles, but with some threads the points raised become linked mini topics. If startd separately would be short discussions, often with no direction.

If it's one topic a thread with a little latitude, then IMHO so be it, but when a thread on fire proof batteries discusses Cars - example for chaos is set.

I don't know if it does this forum a lot if good lambasting a national just because they are nationals, guy has bought his system based on the name so whats the point of saying 'i told you so'? and we do have employee's of those firms in the membership, who are doing a damn good concieciuos job,

we often reflect members to frightened to post - and they see the 'hangings' dished out, won't encourage confidence in them to protect their company in counter explanative posting.

While the standards do seem contravened, that could be a deliberate act by the nationals branch, or one by an engineer overstepping the mark with best intents (wrong as he/she may be).

Best advice is voice your concern for o/p to have checked out/challenged even by an inspecrtorate or independant company, but without all the pre judged vitchreol surely?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

In the public/fit sections, perhaps sub sections sections on devices problems should be used, not so much makes just the usual stuff like 'bell won't work' or 'how do I change a detector' - 'powe cut caused a problem'.

Advice in these areas is repeated over and over, might reduce the need for it.

Arfur

i doubt if we will ever see every person seeking help, having no experience of alarm repair/install (or even using a forum before), would check out or use the search option.

i'm suggesting a bit more heading structure to help direct 'newbs' and so find the guidance required.

tbh those who do a search will have problems, the search engine don't allow for short words, searching for 'arfur mo' or 'Oxo looking for the posts made as example's, will causes it to fail. As wil a search for PIR, SAB, EWD the most common short references, and having possibly the most common issues needing advice, having the same restriction fails it.

Arfur

Archived