Security Installer Community

Home Owner

Guest Oxo

As before, let a thread evolve.

No need for OP to have to trawl through several threads when its his/hers system being discussed.

If a regulation issue springs up, do we really have to batter the OP with it.

If its a DIY system what is the point? Then as mentioned split it to Trade for us to discuss.

I assist on a few sites and still stick to the standards here, NO DEFAULTING OR ENGINEERS MANUALS GIVEN.

But the forums are more relaxed, no one trying for one upmanship.

That is the issue here as I see it.

Rather than band together as professionals some feel they know more and try and ram it down others throats.

Why?

Are we not professionals?

You/we learn new things everyday, nothing wrong in that is there?

Some of our advise can be outdated, so why mention it.

Lets be the professionals we pertain to be and leave egos alone.

Be proud of the information either given or exchanged on this fine site.

We have the chance to be the best security website going, lets not lose it for stupid reasons.

The initial thread evolved from a pro installed system by an NSI regulated company, and why regs were brought up,

iirc turns out according to o/p, now turns out kit in roof was a wireless detectorn naff all to do with signalling, just shows we shold not treat non-pro information given as gospel, but i see no problem pointing out contraventions as the regs are there to improve and standardise,

although not technically required to comply in any way, a DIY installer knowing the reason behind why a reg or method exists, aids to better practices,

A troublesome alarm causes anoyance to many, that annoyance is transmited negatively to others not atually affected by that particular system, in conversation, 'victims' will say to all an sundry "intruder alarms are more trouble than they are worth - look at my neighbours alarm, dam thing rings 6 tmes a week, nobody takes a blind bit of notice".

imho bad systems impact on all of us, nobody complains about reliable well installed systems.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived