Security Installer Community

Visonic Remote Programming Software

itesecurity

I have quite a lot of powermax complete and pro panels out there and want to be able to use the remote programming software. I have the download code and associated upload/download settings set correctly in the majority of installed panels. I have the latest download of remote programming software on my laptop. I have tried using the software with my laptop modem connected to the telephone line. It dials in and communicates with the panel, checks the download code (which i have doubled checked) and then comes up with communication error. I cant get it to work and I think its something to do with the list of recommended modems that visonic have listed in the comm settings (with initialization string commands). My modem is not listed and I am wondering does my modem have to be the same as any of the listed ones. I was also wondering if it is possible to use my Nokia mobile as a modem, I have tried this and messed about with the visonic software communication settings, baud rates etc but it just rings off and wont communicate with the panel.

Any of you any ideas ??

cheers

Archived