Security Installer Community

Advice On New Install

andyh747

Yes you would want to fit the speaker above, but you may be using the keypad as the driver or the panel etc. Depends on the kit.

We would install the system on your cabling etc and we do cover gloucester but we wouldnt be able to give you full access to the panel, ie from a liability point of view while its under contract we need to maintain control. I dont think this is what you want?

There are only 2 places to buy HKC in the uk. One is enterprise, the other is securitywarehouse

Thanks.

It would be easier wiring wise for me to drive the speaker from the main panel. Should this cabling be normal alarm cable or something else?

Not having full control of the panel is not ideal as I'd like to have the ability to adjust installer settings without having to call out the contractor each time and be charged for each visit. However I realise that it may be a better option to have you install the system. It really depends on how much control I lose and how long I'm tied into a contract for along with the obvious costs involved.

Thanks for your continued replies, they are much appreciated.

Thanks.

It would be easier wiring wise for me to drive the speaker from the main panel. Should this cabling be normal alarm cable or something else?

Not having full control of the panel is not ideal as I'd like to have the ability to adjust installer settings without having to call out the contractor each time and be charged for each visit. However I realise that it may be a better option to have you install the system. It really depends on how much control I lose and how long I'm tied into a contract for along with the obvious costs involved.

Thanks for your continued replies, they are much appreciated.

ie control wise we wouldnt allow any installer access, however we would allow software access via the end user app. Programming chnages 'could' be made by us and these while under contract are invariably 'part of the service' but obvioulsy does depend on the changes. Also the changes need to comply and may need to involve written requests etc.

contract length would be 12 months.

re speaker cable. If you want speech and other tones etc then you need to wire this from the keypad on the hkc. If you just want alarm / exit tones then you wire it from the panel.

You would then use the built in speaker in the keypad for the speech.

Depends on wants etc. If in doubt do both

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ie control wise we wouldnt allow any installer access, however we would allow software access via the end user app. Programming chnages 'could' be made by us and these while under contract are invariably 'part of the service' but obvioulsy does depend on the changes. Also the changes need to comply and may need to involve written requests etc.

contract length would be 12 months.

re speaker cable. If you want speech and other tones etc then you need to wire this from the keypad on the hkc. If you just want alarm / exit tones then you wire it from the panel.

You would then use the built in speaker in the keypad for the speech.

Depends on wants etc. If in doubt do both

That doesn't sound overly restrictive so I would certainly consider it. What would you require to provide a quotation etc?

That doesn't sound overly restrictive so I would certainly consider it. What would you require to provide a quotation etc?

Can give an estimate from your design, but would need to see it to give a firm quote. I assume your doing all of the first fix? Mains supply, all cabling. We would need to supply and commision all equipment?

We would need to do an Risk Assesment etc id advise we do that and consult on the design BEFORE you cant 1st fix anymore.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Can give an estimate from your design, but would need to see it to give a firm quote. I assume your doing all of the first fix? Mains supply, all cabling. We would need to supply and commision all equipment?

We would need to do an Risk Assesment etc id advise we do that and consult on the design BEFORE you cant 1st fix anymore.

James

Hi

Have you considered the ats panel

Archived