Security Installer Community

180 Degree Internal Detector/pir -

snowrides

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find an internal detector/PIR that has a 180 degree range.

Because of the irregular shape of the room I cannot put a PIR in the corner so am looking for a detector that can be put in the middle of a wall which can detect intruders both to the left and the right. All of the detectors I can find are around the 90 degree range.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find an internal detector/PIR that has a 180 degree range.

Because of the irregular shape of the room I cannot put a PIR in the corner so am looking for a detector that can be put in the middle of a wall which can detect intruders both to the left and the right. All of the detectors I can find are around the 90 degree range.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hi Snowrides and welcome to the forum.

I think you may be trying to achieve something that isnt necessarily needed, why would you need blanket coverage, yes it is wise to have the alarm activate as soon as possible, but to detect every cm of a room really isnt needed.

I have a optex rx 40 in the centre of my lounge its a 90 degree detector but you cant get to anything of value without being detected.

Sensors can in theory do 180 degrees but a single element can only do so much, so you can have 180 degrees with huge gaps between, or 90

As has been said already either position for best detection, back to back or use 2 corners

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks Everyone,

I'd already thought of a few of the ideas being suggested, but the one that I like the most is putting the 360 on the wall.

I doubt I'll need to mask it as the other beams will just be aimed at the ceiling.

I still cant believe there isn't a 180 on the market, surely I cant be the only one after this sort of thing.

cheers

There will be issues covering the ceiling, so no need ti mask off.

Wise to use blue tac and test, simply because the lens is designed to look down onto not across the protected area, the pattern may not be better than 2 detectors back to back.

Crow used to make 110deg pir, very good but also ugly (as many ceiling detectors are).

You have to realise an intruder will not just enter but usually move about having done so, just be sure the more valuable items are covered.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived