Security Installer Community

Gardtec Alarm Strange Sound

Guest Googley

Guest Googley

Hi James, can you tell me where you are if I can manage to get the bell box down?

Thanks

i know that may sound steep, but if you bring the unit to me i will modify it for £10 hows that sound?

Guest Googley

Hi James, that 4 buses away so a bit too far.

Is there anyway now just to switch the alarm off (disconnect?) so it doesnt go off tonight apart from taking a hammer to it as its up too high?

Thanks

Hi, I do have ladders but nobody to go up them, I wouldnt know how to take the panel off as would probably need an engineers code which I havent got.

If I had some money I would have no problem in paying, if I said I wanted £150 for 30 mins typing everyone would laugh their head off but it takes years to be a professional typist. An engineer doesnt even get the money hes paid unless they are self-employed it goes to the company. I would be quite happy to pay £50 - £75 considering its not going to be half an hours work just to get the problem solved and have peace but that still leaves me in a tight spot for December as funds are so hard at the moment. If I had the money I wouldnt mind paying £200 but I just dont have it and have to fight to make every penny count!! I am not having a dig at what is being charged just trying to dig in my own pockets which are empty - please dont take offence none is intended. Its just a case of not being able to give what I havent got.

I dont think you will find anyone that will do it for nothing? or even less than £65 ? So besides going up the ladder yourself with a big hammer I dont know what to suggest

Is there anyway now just to switch the alarm off (disconnect?) so it doesnt go off tonight apart from taking a hammer to it as its up too high?

Thanks

The bell is self actuating which means its self powered so even if you down powered the system waited the 20 minutes for the sounder to stop theres still no gtee that it wont still start chirping at silly o clock

Thanks

Your not gonna like this either sorry but i hope you understand.

We cant advise anyone on a public forum how to kill an alarm, as it would be providing the infomation that may have protected you from a breakin over the years.

You can disconnect it but it will ring once you do.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Totally understand your situation. Am in a similar one myself, gonig to be a very tight sad xmas.

I`m afraid your sounder problem will not go away without a fix.

You can either live with it or as suggested before get it seen to.

With the cold snaps being a bit more frequent it will be a constant problem I`m afraid.

As before if you have the (assistance) ability to get the sounder off the wall I will assist in the "fix".

Not much more I can do really.

If you were local and proved the disability I would assist for a nominal sum.

Perhaps a kind engineer on here would assist on his/her way home for a mince pie and petrol used.

If you need the diagram for the "fix" just ask.

Oxo

I see a few posts b4 my reply.

They are of course correct.

Assistance can still be given if you satisfy a few conditions.

One being the owner.

Guest Googley

Totally understand your situation. Am in a similar one myself, gonig to be a very tight sad xmas.

I`m afraid your sounder problem will not go away without a fix.

You can either live with it or as suggested before get it seen to.

With the cold snaps being a bit more frequent it will be a constant problem I`m afraid.

As before if you have the (assistance) ability to get the sounder off the wall I will assist in the "fix".

Not much more I can do really.

If you were local and proved the disability I would assist for a nominal sum.

Perhaps a kind engineer on here would assist on his/her way home for a mince pie and petrol used.

If you need the diagram for the "fix" just ask.

Oxo

I see a few posts b4 my reply.

They are of course correct.

Assistance can still be given if you satisfy a few conditions.

One being the owner.

No sorry, not even close.

Fix By the number 3 is where you need to "cut"

After going up ladders and pulling apart the sounder unit.

Be careful and make sure you do not touch the strobe in anyway.....can be a "shock" and nasty at that.

Where are you as in area?

you could pay more I'd deemed an emergency call out, and being fair prompt attendance to non contract almost always is in real terms.

For the fault described £85.00 + vat, your system would also be re-appraised and a thorough maintenance performed, any programming would also be performed to you needs (as options available)

I would arrive with and be using my own access ladder/steps, otherwise I am not insured for public liability if using yours.

If battery faulty £25 + vat on top. any parking or congestion charges, faylty detectors in addition.

After 30 days from visit, you will get an o 12 months warranty for £70 + vat extra, parts and labour

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived