Security Installer Community

Gardtec Alarm Strange Sound

Guest Googley

out of contract call out fee for us is £110, plus the parts. But Im wary of working on things that wont end up on contract as it gets complicated.

ie 'the rest of the system was fine till you replaced that xyz. It must be the problem'.... etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Simple disclaimer would do.

Check the system works before you start, client sets and unsets.

Fix known problem.

Check system works with client.

Two, sorry 3 happy people, 1 the client 2 the engineer 3 you.

And another bonus, your going to be reconmended to the clients friends.

Not a guarantee of more work, but a nice feeling ?

I know oxo, id like to agree. We prefer to work on our own systems, or sort them out so they become 'one of ours'

I know what your saying but im sure someone else will do this and save the OP a bit of money short term as opposed to us doing it.

Guest Googley

Its the installer I called this morning who said he wouldnt come out as the noise had stopped!! Dont mind paying something but £65 callout is just too much with rest of work on top.

Checked Yell online but most people just are not answering or do commercial work.

If I set off the alarm this afternoon and wait until it stops itself (20 mins) will that prevent this noise from occuring tonight as doesnt look like I will get an engineer sorted today?

NO, there is a inherrent design fault.

If your confident and have ladders I can assist.

Might get me banned here and on another site but sod it. Its xmas.

If I set off the alarm this afternoon and wait until it stops itself (20 mins) will that prevent this noise from occuring tonight as doesnt look like I will get an engineer sorted today?

probably not.

Your best bet as oxo says.

re the £65

i know that may sound steep, but if you bring the unit to me i will modify it for £10 hows that sound? ;) hopefully you see my point.

I think £65 is cheap to be honest to get an expert onsite to fix your issue. We would charge that to a contracted customer (not for this as it would be covered for free).

I suppose the next question is what would you like to pay and what do you think is good value etc?

Maybe i should start another topic, but i am genuinly interested in how you (our customers) percieve charges etc.

To add, a charge here would be £120 out of contract for 1/2 hour time on site, then £30 per extra 1/2.

But this should not take a 1/2 hour to fix with the correct information.

Guest Googley

Hi, I do have ladders but nobody to go up them, I wouldnt know how to take the panel off as would probably need an engineers code which I havent got.

If I had some money I would have no problem in paying, if I said I wanted £150 for 30 mins typing everyone would laugh their head off but it takes years to be a professional typist. An engineer doesnt even get the money hes paid unless they are self-employed it goes to the company. I would be quite happy to pay £50 - £75 considering its not going to be half an hours work just to get the problem solved and have peace but that still leaves me in a tight spot for December as funds are so hard at the moment. If I had the money I wouldnt mind paying £200 but I just dont have it and have to fight to make every penny count!! I am not having a dig at what is being charged just trying to dig in my own pockets which are empty - please dont take offence none is intended. Its just a case of not being able to give what I havent got.

Hi, I do have ladders but nobody to go up them, I wouldnt know how to take the panel off as would probably need an engineers code which I havent got.

If I had some money I would have no problem in paying, if I said I wanted £150 for 30 mins typing everyone would laugh their head off but it takes years to be a professional typist. An engineer doesnt even get the money hes paid unless they are self-employed it goes to the company. I would be quite happy to pay £50 - £75 considering its not going to be half an hours work just to get the problem solved and have peace but that still leaves me in a tight spot for December as funds are so hard at the moment. If I had the money I wouldnt mind paying £200 but I just dont have it and have to fight to make every penny count!! I am not having a dig at what is being charged just trying to dig in my own pockets which are empty - please dont take offence none is intended. Its just a case of not being able to give what I havent got.

i understand, i doubt anyone would take offence. I do understand the not being able to give what you havnt got.

so you really have a few choices.

Find someone who is cheap but beware they arnt cheep at the start but dear by the end, get a friend to have a go, or hope it stops on its own.

It takes years to be a professional anything id say googley.

We will help out where we can on here but i reakon you will find someone in your ball park, just ensure they are competent and wont rip you off.

Archived