Security Installer Community

Gardtec Alarm Strange Sound

Guest Googley

Guest Googley

Last night I was kept awake all night by my house alarm. There is an intermittent sound coming from the bell box - I even got up at 4am and went outside to check!! Somehow it has now gone quiet today. The panel was showing no faults or messages only this sound which also kept the neighbours awake!!!!!! I think it may be need a battery but not sure - I admit to knowing nothing about the alarm system. The Engineer wont come out as the noise has stopped but I dont want to have the same problem again tonight. Could it be brought on by the cold or is it possible the battery needs replacing. Tried to get someone else out but quoting a £65 call out fee which I just cant afford. The alarm is 4 years old from new. Any advice would be grateful. The sound was not the usual loud bell alarm noise, almost a tone/tune which kept switches itself on/off all night from around 1 am.

Thanks

There is a fault with the bell.One the manufacturer knows about.

Your options are limited, Change it, get the "fix" for it. Either way you need a ladder.And somneone with the correct knowledge.

Guest Googley

Hi thanks for the quick reply. Afraid I am disabled so cant do anything myself, couldnt even get the ladders out!!

Since it a "fix" I need how do I find someone to come out and fix it for me (Birmingham area)?

There was another house a few doors up with the same problem as well.

im sure there will be someone in your area that will do this for you, obviously there will be a fee.

Can you contact the original installer?

i also assume this isnt on any sort of support agreement?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

lol, it is our area, but we dont use risco (/ gardtec and I dont have this issue with the bell we use ((in fact never had it, but never used these bells))) so would replace it. Im sure someone will do this mod, and i assume that is what the OP wants.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived