Security Installer Community

Visonic Powerg

peter999

Any questions, feel free to ask

Can you give some details about how secure the Ricochet system is compared to a non-mesh system or the Visonic PowerG? Also, is this available to purchase retail or is it for professional installers. Thanks.

This is designed for professional installers only, definitely not retail, regarding the security what do you mean? The frequency band we use is reserved for security systems only in the EU, not sure about Thailand with regards to what is allowed, and what is reserved for specific use.

Whichever it is, if the frequency allowed for security systems is also allowed for other uses there is always the possibility no matter how remote of interference, or compromise, for example with PC software the fight is continuous against viruses, however no matter what software companies do to try and stop it, some smartass somewhere will always look to break it.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

I'm happy to pay for professional installation and support from an installer but in a country where the company will pay its installation staff about £16 a day (if they are generous) and VAT is 7% this is not good value.

Now your talking, looks like protex international here we come.

peter there is gear designed for diy, then there is gear designed for the pro installer.

Visonic stuff (especially the powermax range) falls into the former im afraid.

I did download the installation manual and the installation process looks not very user frendly. However I have come across software and data cable that allows you to install using a pc or laptop rather than the control panel.

Well the primary purpose is using. But I do see a day when only basic functionality is available from the keypad and a programmer or laptop is required for more involved stuff. JUst like fire is now I suppose, and access and complex cctv. JUst intruder that is trying to use a number keypad and a 2 line mono lcd for programming what is now a more complicated system than it used to be

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived