Security Installer Community

Visonic Powerg

peter999

I am planning a DIY installation of a wireless intruder security system in our home in Thailand. I know there is a DIY forum but I am interested in the opinions of the professional members of the forum of this new wireless technology (called Powerg) due to be introduced by Visonic in 2011. It will only be available in the US at first so I may order from there.

http://www.visonic.com/innovation-technology/technology-leadership

Thanks!

This is their infomation on it.

From what i can glean from it it seems it is just 2 way. This is suprising when other leading manufacturers are moving towards mesh based wireless systems

Nov_15_2010_PowerG.pdf

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

is it approved for use in thailand ?

There is a local supplier of Visonic kit but I have found that local suppliers and local installers all over-charge so I need to DIY.

For example, an approved supplier of Risco who quoted to fit an alarm system in a 3 bed house charged £350 for each WatchOut PIR. I have found the same PIR in the UK online for £120.

This is their infomation on it.

From what i can glean from it it seems it is just 2 way. This is suprising when other leading manufacturers are moving towards mesh based wireless systems

I would like to buy a system that is future proofed and would delay installation in order to get a more secure system. Do you have any information about these new systems and when they will be on the market. Thanks

say a house brick is around 50 pence....

I expect a lorry full of house bricks is much cheap than a house ?

I'm happy to pay for professional installation and support from an installer but in a country where the company will pay its installation staff about £16 a day (if they are generous) and VAT is 7% this is not good value.

Archived