Security Installer Community

Drink Driving This Xmas

james.wilson

5th dec 26 yrs ago cops ran a red light at 1 am. No sirens just running lights.

They collided, with a young black male. Who died from the injuries sustained from the crash.

The victim was a non drinker, frowned upon smoking cigarettes or anything else , on his way to collect a few friends from a disco.

Totally sober and clean.

They tried to make out he was drunk/drugged/wotever..............Never seen a person so against any intoxication in my life. He was going to try to be a priest.

Some coppers ehh............!

Ricky, your always remembered m8.

im sorry for your mate and your loss, but as i said im far from a traffic police fan.

We do need some law on the road, i just feel the law is currently massivly against the decent man, to the point of being in favour of the non decent man

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I just tried to make a sensible reply here and you know what, its not worth it.

The cops and those who control them do not give a fook about the average tax payer.

The counrty allows any criminal to enter here and have more rights than someone born here.

I`m off to buy a silly hat and grow a beard, at least the jews got killed quick, our way is going to be slow.

TV campaigns showing gory accidents only have a limited effect I reckon, people who drink and drive usually seem to think they can handle it, so it wont happen to them. And yeah, in rural areas like round here it is really common. Probably campaigns showing people losing their license/job/house etc. would be more effective

Dunno about elsewhere, but round Brum most of the pubs seem to have closed, in suburban areas you can drive along main roads for miles without seeing one thats still in business. Meanwhile everybody seems to drink at home. At £1 a can corner shops that sell beer all day do a roaring trade that pubs cant compete with - and do it all day long. Even see van drivers opening cans before they drive off from the shop round here, in the middle of the day.

Anyway, if 40% of accidents are caused by drunk drivers, doesnt that mean that 60% must be caused by people who aint had a drink ?

I probably the wrong bloke to ask, but i feel the only way is buses, television and a strong presence.

But i do feel that DD is not the only cause of accidents, neither is speeding.

My point was for those that go to staff parties and then drive home etc, we have modified our offerings for xmas do's once we realised that was possibly happening. We have tried offering hotels, but this has had limited success. I like a free hotel room mind lol

Remember you are responsible for your staff welfare and safty same as IN WORK on your xmas do.

Customers!

Hard one ti crack, we have all seen bad examples, but can not justify tarring all with same brush.

I also think many fall foul of how long alcohol can take ti leave the system, and how much that varies between individuals.

Even a concieciuos non drink driver often seem to think after having a few hours sleep they are now sober. While the effects may be less they are legaly drunk.

Last year my nephew attended a wedding, he and several others sensibly booked a hotel. They left to drive home about 2pm the day after and travelled in convoy. Fortunately the nephew had not drank much, but 5 drivers who attended the wedding got knicked for being over.

I am very strict, even warned my sons I would grass them up if I thought they were drinking behind the wheel, tough love but I don't want to go to any of their funerals or think they caused one. We go to a function whatever, either the wife or I will remain dry, not even a shandy on a hot day - we have a rule either one if us insists on driving having had a drink we report.

Only big way to hit home IMHO is zero tolerance, will mean rough justice but until then it's down to the lottery of the 'i can handle my drink' culture.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived