Security Installer Community

Grade 2 Or Grade 3

Duppers

I'm keen to see what makes other system designers go for grade 3 over grade 2.

Up until 6 months ago I found the kit so much hassle I would try and steer towards grade 2 but now the new CQR Grade 3 Contacts are the same size as the old kit and masking seems to have improved on detectors I'm rethinking my cut off points / risks between grade 2 and 3.

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas

Depends on the Risk assesment.

If the site requires a G3 system then you need to install (or at least advise) a Grade 3 system.

We install Grade 3 systems (also G2) depending on what is needed and dont have an issue with G3 contacts or masking.

We use honeywell 7550 dualtecs and elmdene G3 contacts.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i see.

Domestic i would say is usually G2, but some will be G3, just a lot less of them (that we do) that need G3. Depends on whats in the house.

Im have recently been thinking that G1 would be adequate for most domestics, and would suit audible onlys better IMHO than G2x does as a system std. But it all depends on the risk.

We (TSI) have a an application to assist in grading, have a look here

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/files/file/48-sia-techmaster/

some of us ask customers to involve their insurers too..

(tbo, whilst most of us engs dont know a £43m vase from a 10bob teapot, some customers are fully aware. So dont be afraid to ask, & as above, mark it down on ra - incl any dont knows etc.)

Easy to tell Mr H, as you do the RA and survey walk near to something looking shiney or old and watch them sweat.

Then ask if it has a specific value but you do not wish to know it.

Tick the boxes, client refuses to mention and give it a G3 rating :D

The daft thing is with all the noise RISC and the insurance lot make, they all accept G2. They are the ones best placed to advise or give us the info required for an RA. However they dont and many just go for G2.

The daft thing is with all the noise RISC and the insurance lot make, they all accept G2. They are the ones best placed to advise or give us the info required for an RA. However they dont and many just go for G2.

We are getting more insurance G3 requests, rather then push grade 2 i just offer grade 3 as requested, tbh it helps win the job. Alot of the locals say try to get G2 etc, when client asks why, i am happy to make out that the other firms must not understand how to install to G3.

Archived