Security Installer Community

Business Contact Manager

Adi

An inbuilt PDF writer

used cute pdf for yrs,

@ work all cleints are xp have one machine on offic xp, others are 2003, visio 2007

my laptop & net book are 7 + office 2010 + visio 2010

personally I prefer office 2003 & xp pro & can find & do stuff quicker, it once too me over an hr to proctect & unprotech a doc with word 2007 to fill forms, there mere tools I don't use half the features as it is !

@ work I think my server requires a patch to more over to 2010 so for the ime being I saying a couple of yrs behind in the IT game

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I jumped to office 2007 when it came out and I am still regretting the decision. Way too often I end up saving documents in 2003 as many people could not read the 2007 version, not really a problem doing it other than I have no clue which ones can open 2007. Maybe we are just more backward over here :'(

2007 also has BCM, have to admit it was useful for the odd email campaign but do not know the difference to BCM in 2010.

I remember there used to be a briefcase setup some time ago for keeping all docs in sync if edited by multiple locations, no idea was it any good though.

I run two desktops with XP Pro, word 2007 pro.

Lappy is Vista Pro and I like it, word 2007.

All run Firefox and Thunderbird. Removed IE and Outlook.

Tried Chrome,not impressed. No faster IMO.

Of course all have had RAM taken to maximum...........well memory is so cheap now. Although would not mind using solid state, rather than HD is it still £100 a Gig?

Seen one machine with it and it was rapid!!!!

Cannot see anything there that making me want to upgrade TBH.

Ta for the links.

the only reason i was to upgrade is to get contact manager to email service reminders. Im quite happy with office 07

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I jumped to office 2007 when it came out and I am still regretting the decision. Way too often I end up saving documents in 2003 as many people could not read the 2007 version, not really a problem doing it other than I have no clue which ones can open 2007. Maybe we are just more backward over here :'(

2007 also has BCM, have to admit it was useful for the odd email campaign but do not know the difference to BCM in 2010.

I remember there used to be a briefcase setup some time ago for keeping all docs in sync if edited by multiple locations, no idea was it any good though.

All my docs to clients are sent as pdf, mainly because of my business name font, but also keeps the file layout as intended.

Ive never used BCM before so no idea on differences

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

There may be some restriction on using it professionaly etc. Might be worth checking and be careful etc

there is.

but who would know

as to original question, BCMis a an absolute memory hog. virtually unusable.

Archived