Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 Vs Scantronic 9651 En 40?

aix

All depends, alot like Galaxy because they are used to using it. IMO the premier and the castle are much better. As for wireless the Gardtecs do the job, and customers like them.

Alot of the things that engineers like or dislike are never seen by the end user.

All in all Gardtec offer a good choice for the end user.

dunno abt gardtec dont/wont fit it.

dont as in prefer other kit we can support (have spares/knowledge etc)

wont as in cant get it from local wholesalers etc, so to rely on postie or carry sufficient stock would be lettin our customers down and/or increasing prices to cover stock level.

They use city link. usually vey fast delivering.

Hate going to wholesalers, how much time is lost getting stuck in s que then they decide a phone call take presdedence or a diy wants to go through every detector akin the strife buying bleefing shoes :(

I've even phoned to get attention when counter is not attended, theses days gear always delivered in or direct in to site.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

9651 is the best basic household panel, imo , but i will add that ive never used gardtec. but as previous posts have said, a 9651 doesnt do wireless and i didnt think it was suitable for a monitored alarm, unless by monitored you mean an auto dialer.

9651 is nice and easy to use and very customer friendly.

if you want a wireless alarm though, i would suggest going for the texecom ricochet, its the best wireless ive used.

Trade Intruder

They use city link. usually vey fast delivering.

Hate going to wholesalers, how much time is lost getting stuck in s que then they decide a phone call take presdedence or a diy wants to go through every detector akin the strife buying bleefing shoes :(

I've even phoned to get attention when counter is not attended, theses days gear always delivered in or direct in to site.

Arfur

yep, delivery is pretty good these days, they take gear back just as quick too, faulty goods, weee, old batts etc..

never had to queue yet, maybe they like me, whereas see you coming :P

Thanks everyone.

I made a mistake in my original post: the quote was for a 9751 and not 9651. Does this change the advice at all?

The recap: Scantronic 9751 vs Gardtec 595 panel for a wireless monitored system (police response) -- is there any reason to prefer one to the other purely on the basis of technology (features, expandability, reliability)?

Archived